Please welcome the new mod team of 2014!

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
As mentioned in my other thread, forums need fresh staff volunteers to keep it relevant and exciting and full of resources. Without turnover, there would never be any openings, but turnover is always a bittersweet event.

Founding mods who are relinquishing their spots are: bagdvoy, Fishhunter911, BO TIE SS, and DucatiSS. I'm sure we all applaud them for their HUGE legacy of posts and support for the platform and the membership, both here and at Trailvoy, where we all grew up. The archives remain accessible, and the contributions are undeniable. Thanks guys, for getting GMTN launched by supporting the new site and the non-profit mission we all share. :thumbsup:

Somebody also changed my tag recently, although I don't like the color as much as the blue I had before. :confused:

So that makes five staff openings, which we are going to fill with the following eager suckers .... I mean enthusiastic and skilled volunteers:

• Andrew (IllogicTC)
  • Carlton (Blckshdw)
  • Chris (Darkrider_LS)
  • Kyle (HARDTRAILZ)
  • Larry (djthumper)

The good news is that we had far more qualified candidates and volunteers than openings. THANKS! The downside is that not everybody can be offered a spot, and selecting the team for their skillsets, connectedness, diversity and variety was a challenge. (Note the token Canadian :tongue:). To the volunteers we can't accommodate this time, I hope you can support the new team to the best of your abilities, continue to answer technical questions, write articles and "how to" instructions, whore up a storm, and continue to make this the best platform support community on the net.

What the admins commit to do is to never let this process take 27 months again, which is how long since we launched. It should be an annual thing, and I'll target getting it done each December around the site anniversary. As in the case of the founding mods, real life often gets in the way of being able to support the site as much as one wants. People get new vehicles. Available time goes up and down. None of these issues reflect on the volunteers - it's natural.

Thanks for reading this far in one of my traditional essay answers. Now go pat them on the back! Insult them one last time with impunity! (New tags and powers may take a short while to propagate.)

Jimmy, Drayton, & Bill

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for all the work of those before. it was great knowing they were supporting the sites and keeping us all in line. I hope I can live up to what precedent they set.

I think everyone for the opportunity to help out and make this site all it can be.

Now where is that Ban Hammer I was promised:biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Congratulations guys! :grouphug:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Now where is that Ban Hammer I was promised:biggrin:

All you needed was an inch :raspberry:. We are so screwed.

Congrats to the new mods and thank you to all the old ones who have helped support this site.

Reactions: BHAMER

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Congrats to everyone !!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Uh oh look out that ban hammer may be swingin' :stars:

Grats to the new mods, please don't hurt me, and thanks to the exiting mods :thumbsup:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Thank you to the past mods!!!!!
What a great group of new mods!!!
LONG LIVE GMT NATION!!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Congratulations and good luck!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Oh Boy... It's about to hit the fan:wootwoot:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
As soon as my ban hammer arrives, I will be immediately modding it with as many LEDs as possible. That way there's no excuse for everyone not to see when it's coming!!
bash_zps53cf7ae0.gif

Bill where's my tracking number? :wink:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Thanks for the opportunity to help keep our community the best for our platforms.

I know I have some big shoes to try to fill with those guys stepping down. I am sure our new team feels the same way.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
The Moderators that are stepping down have done a wonderful job, and to them I give many thanks.

Too the new Moderators ... Congratulations, you have some big shoes to fill.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Congrats guys. And thanks to the past mods.

Hmmm DucatiSS is leaving as a mod. Maybe I should sing farewell to him again...

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:

CaptainKD said:
Thanks to the Old.

Congrats to the New.

:grouphug:

:postcount:

Sparky said:
Uh oh look out that ban hammer may be swingin' :stars:

Grats to the new mods, please don't hurt me, and thanks to the exiting mods :thumbsup:

dmanns67 said:
Thanks to the past and congrats to the future :thumbsup:

:iagree:

Congrats guys! :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Attachments

• Ban_Hammer.jpg
    Ban_Hammer.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Banhammer.jpg
    Banhammer.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 7

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:rotfl:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Attachments

• 98164d1387846400t-ban-post-precedes-you-fun-game-play-ban_hammer_by_skarcious.jpg
    98164d1387846400t-ban-post-precedes-you-fun-game-play-ban_hammer_by_skarcious.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 115

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Thank you to the originals and also to the new. Your jobs should be easy keeping everyone in line with those hammers in your hands.

Long live GMTN!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Congrats! Who let the Canadian TrailVoy spy be mod? I smell trouble. :raspberry:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Congrats Guys!! The Nation is the best community I have been apart of, Lots of great caring people here. :tequila: To plenty more years of helping noobs, and dropping knowledge! :dance:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Porkins said:
Congrats! Who let the Canadian TrailVoy spy be mod? I smell trouble. :raspberry:

Looks like someone is looking to be locked into his toolshed for a penalty eh? lol Jk

Thanks guys and like the others said all of us have large shoes to fill but im sure with enough time we will all find our groove and fill them in our own way.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Thanks to exiting, who helped make the Nation what it is to day :hail:
Congrats to the new, who will help build the Nation to new heights. :wootwoot:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Hey! As a veteran and now new MOD you should know how sensitive we are when it comes to our fans (clutch)!!! I want a recount!!! lol

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fishguy1123 said:
Hey! As a veteran and now new MOD you should know how sensitive we are when it comes to our fans (clutch)!!! I want a recount!!! lol
No recounts, We don't deal in the antiquated analog methods that leave failures from possible hanging chads. :wink:

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
I am pissed.:mad::hissyfit: I thought I was going to be a mod. I hate this plae now. I am just going to leave and maybe only come back when I want to spam the place.

OK only kidding. :raspberry: I have no time to be a mod but glad someone is. Thanks.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
A hearty THANK YOU to the outgoing mods. And a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to the incoming mods!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
This is a great group that was selected to keep the site going along with every member associated with The Nation as well. :grouphug::2thumbsup::woohoo:

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Congrats to the new Mods. Keep the torches burning!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online