Please tell me I didn't F up

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
I picked up an extremely cheap set of 2 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain 255/75/17 today, the guy had them on his Rubicon and didn't like them, so he took them off and stored them in his basement, he just wanted them gone so he took the first offer he got for them, $75. The one was his spare and the other probably has less than 2000 miles on it.

So I figured I'd pick up 2 more and the whole set of 4 set me back a little less than $500 for 3 new and 1 close to new.

Any way, so here's the part where I need to be sure I didn't screw up. I ordered this set of wheels from ebay to go with the tires and I'm not 100 secure in knowing if they're going to fit or not, so I NEED you guys to let me know if I did good or if I screwed the pooch. The wheels are MB Motoring TKOs 17x8.5 with a 25 offset and of course I went with the stock bolt pattern 6x127. I already have a set of 2" spacers ready, I prepared for that in advance. And I know the tires and wheels won't fit now, but I have a 3" lift planned for the future.

I'd just like to know for now though if the tires will work with the wheels. Thank you guys so much for all the help, it is appreciated.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Anything can be made to work my friend...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
Yeah, lol, that's not really the answer I was looking for. Either yep the tires will mount right on the wheels no problem, or nope you done screwed the pooch.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Why wouldn't they? I've seen those on stock sized rims too...

Reactions: northcreek

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The tires will fit the wheels fine.

They are 32.1" tall so with a 3" lift they'll fit. You'll likely have some trimming to do, but shouldn't be bad at all.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
255/75/17 = 32.06" (per Disc. Tire Calc.)
I run 265/70/17 (31.6") on OEM 17x7 rims(winter) and
265/65/18 (31.56" on OEM 18x8 rims (summer)
on a non lifted TB w/ 1.5 spacers.
not sure what back spacing on OEM rims is, but i have not done any cutting of metal or plastic. the only time i get a little rubbing is on almost full turn and hit a bump. rubs inner plastic.
i don't think the extra 1/2" wider rim will make a difference as far as mounting goes. the backspacing (compared to OEM backspacing) plus the 2" spacers may require cutting of something. depending on how far the wheel assembly sticks out.
as @littleblazer said, anything can be made to work :twocents:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They will look a bit stretch on an 8.5, but mostly just squared off. No issues with mounting the tires to rims.

Reactions: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
I got the tires mounted on the wheels and they look great. I have to install the 2" spacers next before I can install them, and I'm most likely going to have to trim the tire well so there's no grinding. But I'm on the fence with the lift kit. If I got 3" front and back, that would just lift the truck that much, but if I got 3" front and 2" in the back, that would level it right? I think I'd rather have it lifted and leveled than just straight lifted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
Hope you don't actually mean "trim the tire" lol. Trim the bumper or whatever it's rubbing except for frame.
LOL, naw man. I meant the tire well. inside where the tire fits. I don't know anyone that would trim a tire so it would fit, unless they had NO IDEA of what they were doing. That's funny, I just hope there is no one in the world that would trim their tire.

But like I was wondering, 3" just lifts it right, but 3" in the front and 2" in the back level and lift it right?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The 3" is actually a 3/2". 3" for the front and 2" for the rear to level it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
PA
I saw 2 different kits, that's what I was wondering about. I'd like to have it level. one kit was 3/3 and the other was 3/2. but looking at mine, I really can 't tell if it needs to be leveled or not. I mean, I can't tell if the back is higher.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The 3/3 is discontinued, you can only get the 3/2 from Mark now. The back on all of them is higher.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I never remember mark having a 3 inch rear block that kept the rake

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online