PlastiDip my rims ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
OK, anyone know where i can go buy a can of black plasti spray can? Locally preferred!
I really want to do my rims in black i think it would look SICK being that my TB is summit white!
I am not even going to take em off like i would normally with normal paint.:biggrin:

[video=youtube;zkkAwWLgxDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkkAwWLgxDI[/video]

did some searching lows down the street has it. IS this what i need:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_42849-61158...ack Matte Spray Paint &adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

?? thanks all

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
yes, that is their standard Matte black. I personally would do the full wheel so the edges dont try to peel. Good luck, general rule of thumb is about a can per wheel. The more coats you do the easier it is to peel off when taking it off. If its too thin it will still come off but a ton of little pieces. I did my 22" SS replicas and when i peeled them off it came off as 1 piece. Do alot of THIN coats, NOT heavy or it runs.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yes.. Lowes or Home Depot for about $6 a can.. for your rims, I would say you need 3-4 cans...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:
yes, that is their standard Matte black. I personally would do the full wheel so the edges dont try to peel. Good luck, general rule of thumb is about a can per wheel. The more coats you do the easier it is to peel off when taking it off. If its too thin it will still come off but a ton of little pieces. I did my 22" SS replicas and when i peeled them off it came off as 1 piece. Do alot of THIN coats, NOT heavy or it runs.

Sweet! For now i am going to black out my air intake to match the rest of the engine! I was going to have the pipe powder coated but thats a hassle.
47bd3396-6ec8-84a7.jpg

Boricua SS said:
Yes.. Lowes or Home Depot for about $6 a can.. for your rims, I would say you need 3-4 cans...

Great. now i want my whole truck done in black like this video:
[video=youtube;P7uT4dTMUEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uT4dTMUEA&feature=related[/video]

Question is how much does this cost and i am in cali

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Summit white on black plastidip write up in my sig :thumbsup:
IMAG0334.jpg

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Summit white on black plastidip write up in my sig :thumbsup:
IMAG0334.jpg

Using tapatalk right now. When I get home ill check it out. Today I am going to try the stuff on my intake pipe and emblums on the rear hatch. I wish I had known bout this before and I wouldn't have ghettofied my front chrome grill its chrome but I used spray paint now its chipped blotchy chrome showing :banghead::sadcry: maybe I can just paint over it with the plastic spray here's a picture
47bd3396-77ac-0402.jpg

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
About $20 for three cans of black plastispray made by: performix at lowes. Woohoo man am I excited to tag up my truck !!!!!!

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
47bd3396-9cf2-551c.jpg
47bd3396-9cfb-f075.jpg
47bd3396-9d02-7113.jpg

Doing a passenger side vent letting it dry at the moment. I really like this stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online