Plasti-dip!!!!

Shabba

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
I HATE my Tan interior. Hate it, hate it, hate it! So yesterday, I drove all over Irving, and everyone was out of the stuff. I finally found 2 cans of it at Lowes. The result; Complete Dash Bezel, Driver's knee Bolster, A Pillar Trim on both sides, Steering column Cover, Wheel, and airbag. I didn't take before pictures, but you can see the contrast with the dash.

It was easier than normal spraypainting to do. The only thing I'd reccommend is waiting longer than you think you should to try to reinstall the pieces. I got impatient, and ended up having to redo a couple of pieces. I'm THRILLED with the results though. We'll see about durability.

plastidip1.JPG

plastidip2.JPG

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
That looks really good! I thought about doing mine a darker color. I have a light grey/tan interior and even though it's okay...I would like it to be darker. Great work!!

Shabba

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
I'll probably end up buying a new dash and door panels, but literally every other plastic piece inside the car will be plasti-dipped (I already have black leather seats and console from a 9-7x). This stuff is going to save me a BUNCH of time and money.

Now for a headliner, visors, and carpet . . . .

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Nice! Its an awesome product.
IMAG0219.jpg

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Never thought of using plasti dip on the panels, I always heard to use the vinyl and carpet dye. Any chance you would be able to try a can of that and compare the two?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Nice, I like the contrast.

Shabba

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Update;

It's no good on the Steering wheel, so it looks like I'll be in the market for a black wheel. The friction from turning corners open handed (imagine how you turn with 1 hand) rubbed it right off, so I stripped it the rest of the way.

I'm thinking it won't be any good for places that are constantly touched (gear shifter, Door Handles, Steering wheel, etc), but for the places that get little to no action it is amazing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online