Plasti Dip Removal

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Little video I made while taking the plasti dip off my hood. Don't worry I plan to redo it.

[video=youtube;w4Mmnu5KHo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Mmnu5KHo8[/video]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yo geeds... when you bought the Dip.. what colors did they have at the store... im usually just seeing Black, Red, and White... nothing else..

im looking for something different...

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yo geeds... when you bought the Dip.. what colors did they have at the store... im usually just seeing Black, Red, and White... nothing else..

im looking for something different...

only black at the lowes and home depots by me

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
That stuff seems pretty good when peeling, how many coats did you use?

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
That stuff seems pretty good when peeling, how many coats did you use?

Quite a few on the top sections but the sides of the cowl were a bit thin. So the thicker the better for when you want to peel it. Course the thicker the better for holding up.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Code Red said:
Quite a few on the top sections but the sides of the cowl were a bit thin. So the thicker the better for when you want to peel it. Course the thicker the better for holding up.

True that!! I remember watching a video that the guy said a good 4-5 coats should do good usually.

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
True that!! I remember watching a video that the guy said a good 4-5 coats should do good usually.

agreed, only thing is when you actual tape a area off and want to have the tape line, you can't really judge how many coats because if you let it dry and then peel the tape YOU WILL pull the the plasti up, so you just have to make your you have a thick wet coat.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher