Planning for FI (<3 Months away)

isaacmaple08

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Fort Wayne,IN & Tyler,TX
Hey Guys, I've only had my Trailblazer for about 2 weeks and already see so much potential in this Straight 6! First thing that comes to mind is WTF was GM thinking dropping this from their lineup?

I've already purchased a CAI and Catback and they should be here tomorrow, and I am saving up for the new PCM4Less Efan kit & Also a PCM Tune..that's probably 2 weeks off I figure, but I'm trying to get together a parts List or find a Kit, if available, I've checked whipple and a few other leads on TrailVoy but all seem to be dead ends, was their ever a "Kit" made for these trucks? If not if anyone has any experience and could give me some pointers on the parts needed that'd be great.

I've done tons of work on my Nova, but didn't have a PCM/ECU or all this other electronic stuff to mess with...So I know when to get a professional to install something and figure i'll be checking around at different shops...I just wanted to get a parts list/kit figured up before going to a Mechanic/Tuner shop. I'm looking at somewhere in the realm of $3500-$5000.

Anyway Let me know what you guys think and If I missed anything, Also I'm aware I probably won't have the trailblazer for a week or 2 while it is installed, so I'll probably switch back to the Nova for a while :biggrin:

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
isaacmaple08 said:
Hey Guys, I've only had my Trailblazer for about 2 weeks and already see so much potential in this Straight 6! First thing that comes to mind is WTF was GM thinking dropping this from their lineup?

I've already purchased a CAI and Catback and they should be here tomorrow, and I am saving up for the new PCM4Less Efan kit & Also a PCM Tune..that's probably 2 weeks off I figure, but I'm trying to get together a parts List or find a Kit, if available, I've checked whipple and a few other leads on TrailVoy but all seem to be dead ends, was their ever a "Kit" made for these trucks? If not if anyone has any experience and could give me some pointers on the parts needed that'd be great.

I've done tons of work on my Nova, but didn't have a PCM/ECU or all this other electronic stuff to mess with...So I know when to get a professional to install something and figure i'll be checking around at different shops...I just wanted to get a parts list/kit figured up before going to a Mechanic/Tuner shop. I'm looking at somewhere in the realm of $3500-$5000.

Anyway Let me know what you guys think and If I missed anything, Also I'm aware I probably won't have the trailblazer for a week or 2 while it is installed, so I'll probably switch back to the Nova for a while :biggrin:

Welcome!
There was never a kit made that I'm aware of. There's been a few custom t/c. The first was by GM itself, then Travis who promptly disappeared. Self Racing put one in an old Nomad and ran 9's! efi_diy has one running MS3 in a 51 truck. My supra is mostly done. I ran it for a summer n/a and have been working on the turbo conversion since. My thread is around here somewhere with all the gorey details.

I have turbo reflashes for MY 2006+, 60 and 80 lb injectors, and conversion injector harnesses all for sale on lime-swap.com. I have the best prices available for all three. I've never attempted a turbo tune on a 2002-2005, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I know it can be done, Mark Romans tuned Jerry Weiser's on a 2005 PCM.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher