NEED HELP Pioneer avh-4100nex install 2011 Silverado

Bizarro42

Original poster
Jun 25, 2019
Texas
Looking for someone that's installed this exact stereo in 2011 Silverado.

I took the stereo out to ship to pioneer for a password reset. My dumba$$ didnt see an interface so I clipped a few wires before i checked for a harness plugged in to the back.

Stereo re-installed but now having an issue with: steering wheel controls not working and blue tooth grayed out.

Speakers all seem to work fine so most of the wiring must be correct. Anyone that has experience with this radio in this truck and can drop some knowledge on correcting would be greatly appreciated.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
You may need to post a photo or two of what got snipped, as my immediate thought is... "if the wires were matched up on the reinstall, it should work -?"

If you haven't already tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, that might be worth a shot.

The other thing that comes to mind is... it was working in this truck prior to shipping to Pioneer Americas, and these issues occurred on the first powerup after receiving it back? Perhaps Pioneer inadvertently disabled something on the deck while 'fixing' the other issue you sent it in for?

And, then, lastly... generally, these aftermarket radios require an add-on to reenable SWC. A well-known one is the ASWC-1, by Axxess. It plugs into the 'remote' 3.5mm jack on the back of the Pioneer. So if you don't have that...you'll need it, or something similar (PAC makes a module for this, as well)

(and for the record, I have an AVH-series Pioneer, and I have a full-size GM pickup...but the radio is an earlier vintage (and so is the truck!) from what you have). So keep that in mind, as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online