Pics from North Bay

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I found the one who stole my first choice for a personalized plate:

IMG_20190622_122131.jpg

And a side by side of new and old Caprices. My dad had one of this vintage but not a convertible.

IMG_20190622_142834.jpg
IMG_20190622_142854.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Talk about a small world - just where were you (ok, North Bay) to be able to run into both the person who had 'Mooseman' - AND another Caprice PPV (there's like 3 in the country, right?)

As for the old Caprice - just today, when I was maybe 5 miles from my house, I saw a couple in the same vintage Olds (eighty-eight?). Also a vert. Orange (and looked like factory paint). Watched in my rear view as he made the LH turn onto the road...Oh, the body roll! LOL

That car was so long, I don't know how it would fit in one of today's garages...unless he has a tandem, and dedicates it solely to that yacht.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, both PPVs were mine (notice the same plate?). The Mooseman plate was an absolute random freaky find. That older Caprice was truly a land barge.

I still have to get in touch with Six Nations Police to try and find out what happened to the other 3. I have a feeling they were just thrashed. In a way, I hope so, that way I truly have the only Caprice PPV in Canada 👍

Reactions: xavierny25

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Comment je suis supposé connaître votre numéro de plaque? :argue:

(yeah, I know it's not proper joual...best I can do) :biggrin:

Reactions: Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My dad had the hard top caprice classic too. It was supposed to be a hand me down when I started driving, but my uncle managed to talk my dad into giving it to him right when I started high school.

• Sad

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
My high school buddy / bandmate's mom had a '73 Impala coupe (w/ the big-ass fixed rear window). Loved that car - big, comfy cruise (he got it hand-me-down as his first car). Roughly the same color as the one Moose posted the pic of above. Fun times.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My dad's 4dr. hardtop coupe was gold colour, 350, 2 bbl and pretty basic. I remember once in winter when I was a kid, he pumped the gas pedal twice as usual to prime and choke it, started it and it was stuck on full throttle. Instead of just turning off the key, he was madly mashing the pedal while the engine just screamed in agony from dead cold. It eventually got unstuck but not before it developed a rod knock. He did have the engine replaced. It was the first car I drove just before my parents split up and he went with the car. Didn't last too long after that as it died of rust cancer.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh yeah, forgot to add that I picked these Brembo calipers from a yard on my way to North Bay. I saw on car-part.com they had a set off a 2015 Camaro with 55k km on them so they shouldn't need a rebuild. I'll see how they clean up and determine if they need a repaint before I install them on the Caprice.

I had to negotiate on the price though. The original price was $175 each front and $150 each rear plus a $45 core charge for each! Got them for $600 all in. Don't forget, this is in Canadian funds so that's about $455USD.

IMG_20190623_172135_resized74992738.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You almost got me in trouble... I was re-reading your PPV thread, and it made me want one too as a 2nd vehicle. They have a pretty decent amount of them available locally, so it got my wheels turning. Found those other forums, and the list of bolt on mods available... :hopeless: Thankfully, I'm not able to pay cash for one, or I woulda pulled the trigger.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online