Photography

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
:iagree: These are great shots!!! Since I got my iPhone last year, I have been loving to take pictures of everything!!! lol I have so many random pictures of my car and bugs I see and trees...you think I click a picture of lol or at least try to

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Next time we go to badlands you need to ride along and get us some good pics!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Those are some great shots Tyler. One of these days I need to put some of my stuff up. I agree, you need to make a trip to the Badlands with us one of these days.

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
Nice pictures, I used to collect evidence at crime scenes at my last pd I worked for, I loved doing night scenes expecially cars, What I learned in classes is to take like your truck put it in a dark parking lot or field no street lights. Hold your shutter open, then use your flash and walk around the truck out of the picture of course and flash the flash a few times it brings the light in from the bottom and gives perfect light to give a great still photo. I might have a feel examples of what I mean but its a lot of fun just to screw around with it. Great shots!! I love that interior pic

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I just noticed that you have no radio. :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ChevyTBLover said:
This past year, I have been getting pretty big into photography. I'm shooting with a D300s. I'm going to be shooting at Vision Nightclub on Saturday so i'll have to post those.

Lookin forward to seein some eye candy :2thumbsup:

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Nice shots for sure... I wish I could figure all those settings / angles out tho!! :confused:

Sometimes you just gotta experiment. I go into a shoot freaking out because I don't think I have that creative of a mind with angles either. And that's normally what clients want. You just need to "pray and spray" as I like to call it and click that shutter button and hope it will be an interesting shot.

I took this shot one night hoping I could get an interesting angle with the buildings. Unfortunately they tore up part of the parking lot I was planning on parking the car, So I had to deal. Took it home, looked at it, and immediately put it to the side not to look back at it again for weeks. As you can see its obviously over processed, which I don't like to do. But for some reason my friends commented on it and liked it so I kept on tweaking it until I liked the scene.

Chicago TBSS by Sockles1, on Flickr

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I really like seeing under n above the truck. Its definitely a cool shot

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• Atlantic Beach 932 web.jpg
    Atlantic Beach 932 web.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Lums-web.jpg
    Lums-web.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Charlestown,MD Sunset 2011-web.jpg
    Charlestown,MD Sunset 2011-web.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Malibu and Yukon-web.jpg
    Malibu and Yukon-web.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 16

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The 3rd one one the beach incredible. I would hang that in my house.

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks guys!! The beach one took a lot of time.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Those are great pictures man!!! What kind of camera do you use?

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks!! Nikon D5100. Really nice camera. Takes great pictures even with the kit lens that came with it. I did a lot of post processing in those pictures but without a good picture to start they wont have the detail.

Sent from my iPhone

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah those came out nice! That camera does do some work lol I personally always take pictures from my iPhone which does a good enough job for me lol

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I take a lot of pics with my iPhone now days. There have been a few times I forgot my camera and just used the iPhone.

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Went to Vision Nightclub last night to see UMEK, a Slovenian progressive tech/house DJ, and this time brought my camera. As always the one night that you need your camera, you get problems. So unfortunately I didn't get many people shots as I had hoped for, but I did get a few atmosphere shots in. The problem I was having, you can see in shot number 3, is that I needed rear curtain sync, which will flash only at the end of the 3 seconds and freeze whoever is moving, in this case it was supposed to be my friend Alex. Well it was acting like slow sync where the camera would flash both at the beginning and the end of the exposure, therefore making Alex's arms ghostly and too much ambient light on his body.
Anyway came home took all day to fix the problems and I'm anxiously waiting for next time. :smile: Another thing I noticed while I was there, I was treated like I worked there, so I can pretty much go wherever I want, even up to the DJ booth. Knowing people there helps too.

UMEK by Sockles1, on Flickr

Untitled by Sockles1, on Flickr

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
A couple days ago, I decided, I need a vacation. So I packed my stuff and jumped on a plane to our house in Tampa, Florida. Boy is it nice down here. My parents asked for me to take some photos of the house while here, so here is what I've got so far.

This shot is from last month, but decided to show anyway.

Patio by Sockles1, on Flickr

Patio by Sockles1, on Flickr

So inviting by Sockles1, on Flickr

Our patio by Sockles1, on Flickr

Midnight swim anyone? by Sockles1, on Flickr

Hot tub by Sockles1, on Flickr

Anyone have any suggestions on places to go down here? I'm thinking about running over to Universal for some night shots. I heard they're taking the Jaws attraction out January 2nd.

Wizarding world of Harry Potter by Sockles1, on Flickr

This next week, I think, I'm gonna make my way down to Clearwater and get some architectural shots of the bridges. And maybe go up to Jacksonville and meet up with another photographer friend, we'll see.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ChevyTBLover said:
A couple days ago, I decided, I need a vacation. So I packed my stuff and jumped on a plane to our house in Tampa, Florida. Boy is it nice down here. My parents asked for me to take some photos of the house while here, so here is what I've got so far.

:tiphat: Welcome to the neighborhood. Your folks' house looks a lot like my parents' old house up in Lutz. How long you gonna be in town? Could be a good excuse for a mini meet. :undecided:

ChevyTBLover said:
Anyone have any suggestions on places to go down here? I'm thinking about running over to Universal for some night shots. I heard they're taking the Jaws attraction out January 2nd.

This next week, I think, I'm gonna make my way down to Clearwater and get some architectural shots of the bridges. And maybe go up to Jacksonville and meet up with another photographer friend, we'll see.

You've got Busch Gardens, Lowry Park zoo, the aquarium, and you could probably get some interesting "people watching" pictures in Ybor City at night. :twocents:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
:eek: I want to live there!

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:tiphat: Welcome to the neighborhood. Your folks' house looks a lot like my parents' old house up in Lutz. How long you gonna be in town? Could be a good excuse for a mini meet. :undecided:

You've got Busch Gardens, Lowry Park zoo, the aquarium, and you could probably get some interesting "people watching" pictures in Ybor City at night. :twocents:

Ya I guess its, not actual Tampa, but were in the Chevel area. I'm here until the 12th. I'm going to the zoo today and possibly drive down to Sarasota.

I took this shot last night, and also saw a Bobcat pass by the back of our lot while in the patio. scared the crap out of me. I'm used to small coyotes lurking around:eek:

IMG_6327And8more.jpg by Sockles1, on Flickr

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ChevyTBLover said:
Ya I guess its, not actual Tampa, but were in the Chevel area. I'm here until the 12th. I'm going to the zoo today and possibly drive down to Sarasota.

I took this shot last night, and also saw a Bobcat pass by the back of our lot while in the patio. scared the crap out of me. I'm used to small coyotes lurking around:eek:

Yep, same area alright. On the 10th, some of us might be getting together in south Tampa to watch the UFC fights. If we finalize it, you're welcome to join us. :Lager Louts:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
ChevyTBLover said:

tyler if your headed to sarasota, should check out Siesta Key. wife and i were there last may.
nice little town. saw on a tee shirt there, " Siesta Key a drinking village with a fishing problem"
it's got some cool bars, and a nice resturant on the outside of town called Turtles. :twocents:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice house! My parents keep talking about buying a second home in FL. Wish they would!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yes a nice house indeed!! :yes:

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011

Speedmama

Dec 5, 2011
OMG these pics are great. I go to the Art Institute of Houston and just got finished taking a class on Photoshop. I was so excited to learn how to play with photos. Starting in january I have a digital photography class. Im looking forward to that too.
Here are a few me and Luis did last week, of a buddies truck.
DSC085202.jpg

DSC08547.jpg

DSC08542.jpg

DSC08540.jpg

DSC08538.jpg

DSC08499.jpg

DSC08492.jpg

DSC08485.jpg

DSC08464.jpg

DSC08466.jpg

ChevyTBLover

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Thank you! Nice shots of yours btw! I've been wanting to take a Photoshop class. Have you tried taking HDR's yet?

Speedmama

Dec 5, 2011
thanks! Havent gotten to that yet. Im hoping soon. In fact Im guna ask my teacher this friday when i might be able to get to that. Photoshop is so fun and easy though. I can do so much with it.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
ChevyTBLover said:

looks like a nice house. one thing to keep in mind when shooting buildings/architecture is to keep your verticals vertical. makes a big difference in how you see the room/building. glad to see others on here with such a big interest in photography.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That is cool looking. Well Done!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.