Photo contest #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Photo contest #6

test Your photo skills with GMTNations member photo contest!
Submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

topic

gr82bCanadian said:
Your GMT's reflection, hope to see some creativity on this one.

Deadline; April 21th, 11.59 pm

Rules:
-Must be a picture taken by your hand or another GMTNation member (please state who he or she is)

-If you are in the picture or driving the vehicle, it may be by someone else's hand. no one else's pictures please.

-Must be of your vehicle (Preferable a GMT).

-No pics older than 6 months. (This is to get people to get out and take pics.)

-One entry per member. Members may change their entry and submit a different picture, but may only enter one picture in total. When changing your entry make sure to include Final Entry in that post, or the first picture you posted will be used.

-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be included into a poll topic with the GMTNation public deciding upon the winner.

Good luck, and have fun!..:thumbsup:

gr82bCanadian

Dec 8, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Now this is gonna require some thinking... :undecided:

Question:
Can the GMT be in the shot in addition to the reflection?? :confused:
Of course, how ever you want as long as there is a 'reflection' of your GMT in the picture :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone, lets see some creative shots :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
another great topic for sure... i would try, but my SS is still in the shop :sadcry:

look forward to seeing some awesome pix GMTN!!! :wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
^ Great minds think alike. :biggrin:

SS reflecting the 'Hoe...

IMG_5981.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice pics

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
BO TIE SS said:
SS reflecting the 'Hoe...
Does this one barely meet the rules because in the reflection of the 'Hoe there MUST be a few pixels that are a reflection of the SS? I would have thought you'd aim the camera at the 'Hoe. :raspberry:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. The Tahoe is also a GMT. Never mind. Narrow thinking.......:redface:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
I would have thought you'd aim the camera at the 'Hoe.
Actually, I did try that. But the black paint on the SS reflected the image soooo much better.

I thought about using one of these, but liked the other one better...
IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

the roadie said:
EDIT: Oh, I forgot. The Tahoe is also a GMT.
:duh:

:raspberry:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Already got my spot picked out just waiting for the rain to come, this guy and his fancy Snap On crap again :rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Already got my spot picked out just waiting for the rain to come, this guy and his fancy Snap On crap again :rotfl:

Watch the rain come a day after its over :rotfl:

TallPaul

Dec 7, 2011
Gilbert,AZ
jham said:
ya know I never thought about that so I am not sure if it eastern time or what. Does anybody know?

^^^^^^@ gr8 - Smart TrailBlazer...lol

My post has a time stamp of 9:21 PM... I am good...:tiphat:

Would think it is what ever time zone you are in... because it post the right time in your time zone.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Attachments

• 120px-GWiz.jpg
    120px-GWiz.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 76

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
TallPaul said:
I have until 11:59 pm my time right Mountain time!!!!
The rules don't specify, but it would make sense.

TallPaul said:
My post has a time stamp of 9:21 PM... I am good...:tiphat:

Would think it is what ever time zone you are in... because it post the right time in your time zone.
That's the only fair way to do it. :twocents:

Jeremy

Mar 28, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
The rules don't specify, but it would make sense.

That's the only fair way to do it. :twocents:

Not that I really give two shits but how giving the mountiain/west coast up to three extra hours be fair?...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Jeremy said:
Not that I really give two shits but how giving the mountiain/west coast up to three extra hours be fair?...
Is it really three extra hours? When my clock says Midnight, their clock says 9:00 PM. That's what time it is there. There is nothing extra about it. :duh:

That's like saying if big ed lived in California, I'd have until 2:59 AM (my time) to have my submission in.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Is it really three extra hours? When my clock says Midnight, their clock says 9:00 PM. That's what time it is there. There is nothing extra about it. :duh:

He's saying the contest starts earlier for them, Sam

jham

Nov 20, 2011
I think that what is being said is the contest starts at the time it is posted up which might be 5pm on the east but is 2pm on the west coast so when it comes time for the contest to end in a sense the time zone you live in you would get more or less time for the deadline. Don't matter to me but I can see the point.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
He's saying the contest starts earlier for them, Sam
I understand that concept, but the fact is this...

People wake up and go to bed based on the time zone where they live. Regardless of what time the contest is actually posted, people live their lives based on their time zone. Their computers, clocks and lives are governed by the time zone where they live. Plain and simple.

Jeremy

Mar 28, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
I understand that concept, but the fact is this...

People wake up and go to bed based on the time zone where they live. Regardless of what time the contest is actually posted, people live their lives based on their time zone. Their computers, clocks and lives are governed by the time zone where they live. Plain and simple.

...so by that rationale, do people who work nights and sleep days in EST have a different deadline too?

.....Again, I really don't care but I have never ever seen a contest where the entry deadline depends on what time zone you are in....

gr82bCanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Time zones matter when the Time Zone is stated......that pretty much covers ever scenario you are describing

No Time Zone actually stated in the contest rules so therefore it would be each members time zone deadline....sheesh......not like this is some big super duper contest or something....its just for fun

Time (excuse the pun :smile:) to stop this off topic stupid discussion and get over to the votoing thread and cast your votes :biggrin:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
gr82bCanadian said:
Time zones matter when the Time Zone is stated......that pretty much covers ever scenario you are describing

No Time Zone actually stated in the contest rules so therefore it would be each members time zone deadline....sheesh......not like this is some big super duper contest or something....its just for fun

Time (excuse the pun :smile:) to stop this off topic stupid discussion and get over to the votoing thread and cast your votes :biggrin:

:iagree: http://gmtnation.com/f39/photo-contest-6-voting-3089/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online