Photo Contest #45/ Extended!

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Test your photo skills with GMTNations members photo contest!
submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

Topic:
Ziggy said:
A Groundhog Day contest. Select a winning photo from contests 1-44 to recreate with your own GMT. One Caveat: CANNOT BE YOUR OWN WINNING PHOTO. Don't want re-submissions. I'm thinking just to keep everyone honest, you should include the original photo in your submission entry to show your inspiration.

Deadline, February 29th, at 11:59 pm:
extended!!

Rules:
- Each entry must be a picture taken of your General Motors Truck, taken by you or someone you know (if your driving). No one else's pictures please.

-No pictures older than 2 months. (get out, have some fun & take some great shot's)

-One entry per person, entry's may be changed but please specify your final entry.

-No post production modding to the image is allowed in this contest. only resizing and / or cropping is allowed.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be put into a poll with the topic.
And the GMTNation members deciding the winner.

Good luck everyone, have fun.. :biggrin:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Is this photo contest limited to members who have won a photo contest in the past or am I reading this wrong? Basically, recreate the photo they took for the specific contest that they won? :undecided:

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Is this photo contest limited to members who have won a photo contest in the past or am I reading this wrong? Basically, recreate the photo they took for the specific contest that they won? :undecided:

You just posted exactly what I was thinking when I was reading this.

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I think I know what he meant, if you take out the words "winning photo" and then "winning" it makes sense. Basically a recreation of a picture that you submitted before for the photo contest.
I don't even know if I've won a photo contest, so the way it currently reads I wouldn't be allowed to submit a photo.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yes please, this would be a highly limited contest if this is true bud

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I need some clarification as well. Is it just a recreation of any winning photo? Like I recreate someone else's?

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
"Recreate one of [the] best previous contest winning photos with your GMT. Cannot be your own previous winning photo. "

I'm thinking this is what was meant... makes the most sense.

Reactions: littleblazer

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
waiting for clarification also.
my take on the wording:
"RECREATE" any winning photo with your GMT.
last contest, Ziggy won w/ 2 GMT's facing each other on the ice.
recreate this scene w/ your GMT.
pick any winning photo from the last 44 contests, and recreate that scene with your GMT.
thats my take on what he is looking for.
but will wait for Ziggy's clarification.

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
@fletch09 - You got it!
Clarification: Select a winning photo from contests 1-44 to recreate with your own GMT. One Caveat: CANNOT BE YOUR OWN WINNING PHOTO. Don't want re-submissions. I'm thinking just to keep everyone honest, you should include the original photo in your submission entry to show your inspiration.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wow, this should be a great one :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice shot

Reactions: fletch09

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i think it is a good topic also. a lot of work though, to go back and look at all the contests and winning photo. on my computer at least, since the upgrade, some pictures and voting results did not show up from the earlier ones.

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.