Pet Peeves

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
Love my netflix. Between dvds and streaming there is more content than cable.

:iagree: Have had Netflix for years. Had to add a 2TB hard drive to my HTPC to hold all the movies I've copied :lipsrsealed: :whistle::whisptersecret:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:iagree: Have had Netflix for years. Had to add a 2TB hard drive to my HTPC to hold all the movies I've copied :lipsrsealed: :whistle::whisptersecret:

:rotfl::rotfl::raspberry::rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:

Yeah I just got a 3TB hard drive myself about a month ago also loll You know you can torrent your movies in HD also for free instead of pay for netflix every month?

Didn't hear that from me :whisptersecret::whistle:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I just got a 3TB hard drive myself about a month ago also loll You know you can torrent your movies in HD also for free instead of pay for netflix every month?

Didn't hear that from me :whisptersecret::whistle:

I am no stranger to torrents either :wink:

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
gas prices and...

SS owners who have problems with SS clones with badging. They were so affected it sounds like it has done significant damage to their bank account.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
4wVoy said:
my pet peeve is someone driving slow in the fast lane, ahhhhh, i hate that

People driving slow in general lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I despise people riding my ass when I am in the fast lane and doing 10-15 over, because I should get over and slow down for them to pass. Brake check for them, cause I know mine work well:biggrin:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Love my netflix. Between dvds and streaming there is more content than cable.
That may not be the case any more as Netflix is changing business models and moving away from cinematic films and focusing on broadcast TV shows. Streaming reruns of MASH and Mork and Mindy somehow just doesn't offer the same value. :no:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
djthumper said:
Ummm What is a torrent?

It's a method of file sharing. Think of it as the latest version of Napster, but for any type of computer file(s)

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
It's a method of file sharing. Think of it as the latest version of Napster, but for any type of computer file(s)

LOL Carlton, you are so gullible. I knew someone would not pay attention to the sarcasm in my post. :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
djthumper said:
LOL Carlton, you are so gullible. I knew someone would not pay attention to the sarcasm in my post. :raspberry:

:duh: Dinner, DVR, and GMTN... Musta been sensory overload... :tongue:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I had someone attempt ot occupy the lane that I was in, but fortunately nobody was in the lane next to me, so I got over very quick! :hissyfit: She didn't even bother using a turn signal, and had a good 1/2 mile to get over. No need to be in my lane immediately. She should know that it would have been her car that would have went spinning in circles and not mine. However, she did acknowledge that she did something bad though.

ItsOnVoy said:
People driving slow in general

What's the problem with that? I can go 60 or 65 when the speed limit is 70, and get MPGs!
70: 13MPG; 60: 17MPG, drafting a semi (with plenty of distance): +0.5 MPG.

the roadie said:
I didn't see the purple sarcasm font color

When did it become the standard to put sarcasm in purple?

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
DJones said:
What's the problem with that? I can go 60 or 65 when the speed limit is 70, and get MPGs!
70: 13MPG; 60: 17MPG, drafting a semi (with plenty of distance): +0.5 MPG.

Okay correction on that, people that drive slow in a one lane street!! In a two lane and up I can pass them its cool! One lane go the speed limit at least!

Feb 24, 2012
The standard ignorant driver peeves of course, but the biggest one for me is CLEAN THE SNOW OFF YOUR DAMN CAR!

I can't stand it when people drive by with a foot of snow on top of your minivan. Reach up there with your damn brush and dump it in your driveway. I already paid the town to plow the streets! And then they pull onto the highway and create a new whiteout!

I can understand with big trucks where you can't reach the roof in a reasonable manner (18 wheelers etc). But if you can reach it, clear it! At least down to 1 inch or so, it doesn't have to be car wash clean to make me happy. And clear your friggin windows. That is at least a fineable offense. I'm not sure if there is anything for dumping snow on everyone else.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
DJones said:
When did it become the standard to put sarcasm in purple?

There was a thread about it shortly after the site launched.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
People who stop far behind the vehicle in front of them. Perfect example, this guy was about 3 car lengths back :hopeless:

The ones that really piss me off, are the ones that do it next to a turn lane, so people behind them can't get to it. :hissyfit:

PullUp.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
That guy's pretty close to the curb. Are you sure he wasn't picking up a hooker? :rotfl:

Blckshdw said:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
BO TIE SS said:
That guy's pretty close to the curb. Are you sure he wasn't picking up a hooker? :rotfl:
In that area could have been dropping off a hooker.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
For the Multi lane road argument.

View attachment 19480

I have alot of pet peeves. Some of my biggest are people abusing government assistance programs, the people that really need it cannot use it because Bebe and her 10 kids in their 12 bedroom mini mansion and crack dealing daddy get a nice chunk, meanwhile a single mother with 3 kids working 2 jobs can't even get food stamps. Your main driving ones, idiots doing a job when they are not qualified to flip burgers, tree huggers, and people complaining about file sharing.

Attachments

• LANE PROBLEMS.jpg
    LANE PROBLEMS.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 15

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Blckshdw said:
People who stop far behind the vehicle in front of them. Perfect example, this guy was about 3 car lengths back :hopeless:

The ones that really piss me off, are the ones that do it next to a turn lane, so people behind them can't get to it. :hissyfit:

Well I hate to say it, its Florida, hes driving a Lincoln, his turn signal has also probably been on for the last 2 countys.. Seems about par for the course for me..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
More FL drivers, driving badly, which reminded me of another pet peeve... People who can't read street signs and/or don't have enough common sense to properly assess a situation in front of them :hopeless:

In this case, a woman coming out of some stores wanted to make a left turn where she shouldn't have. Instead of making a right, and hanging a U turn down the street, she tried to sneak through the left turn lane for the traffic coming from the right. You can clearly see the no U turn, no left turn sign for traffic coming from the left. Well not only that, but she didn't anticipate the rate of speed of the oncoming traffic, and the rest is left up to the cops, insurance companies and body shops... :duh:

The 2 women were quite animated in their discussion of who was at fault. The 2 guys off to the right, couldn't tell if they were with them, or just at the bus stop waiting. They were talking about what happened, but not nearly as intense about it.

IMAG0393.jpg

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
going to wal mart and getting behind the person with 6 kids paying for all their groceries with a wic card and then getting their wad of cash out to buy their boo's, a tv, and a xbox. then proceeding to go outside and see them getting into a brand new yukon xl :mad: /rant

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:

PullUp.jpg

The next time i see that happen, i am going to pull in front of the "early stopper"

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
When you are making a turn and some knucklehead comes burning up behind hoping you finish the turn... so they don't have to slow down, and almost graze your bumper.

Slow drivers in the lane next to the school bus, that let the school bus beat them to the next stop. :hissyfit:

People that walk the diagonal down the parking lot instead of walking straight across.

Don't step in my way from your kiosk in the mall and ask me if I really love my lady and try to sell me a nail polishing kit or a flower.

The fact I need to ask and pay extra for "extra hot fudge" in a McDonalds sundae to get the same amount that used to come in one.

People that leave their portable basket ball goals hanging 3' in the street.

Numbers on one side of the mailbox, opposite the way you drive into the dead-end street.

Tossing cigarette butts from the car, I know it came with an ashtray.

14" hubcap spinners originally with 4-blades and now only 3 and just rock back and forth.

People speeding up to close the gap after you put your signal on to switch lanes.

The fact our driving schools and the ease to get a license is a joke in this country.

jdoorn14

Mar 24, 2012
Let's see. Pet peeves. Here's some:

People who put on their turn signal to change lanes and start moving over without checking to see if there is even enough room to fit their car.

People who get on the expressway in order to get off the very next exit--and have to cross no fewer than 4 lanes of traffic within less than 1/4 mile to do so.

People who drive around with their feet hanging out the window (or their passenger's feet).

Government assistance specifically providing cellphones for low-income people--with texting plans!! :rant:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Am I the only one who gets annoyed with people that take them FOREVER to get into there damn lane when changing :hissyfit: Just turn into your lane and THEN slow down, not slow me down and everyone else with you :no::no: completely unnecessary to have half your car sticking in my lane for a quarter mile till you decide its time to fully get in

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
The constant speeders.. The ones who go 40 in a 35 and then continue to do 40 in a 55.. :banghead:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Phantom said:
The constant speeders.. The ones who go 40 in a 35 and then continue to do 40 in a 55.. :banghead:

Yeah that makes me wonder myself!! You speed and tail the crap out of me and then past me get infront of me then you dont speed up when the speed goes up! What a jerk lol

What I think is funny as hell is those people at red lights, and they are keep creeping up and move up more and more waiting for a green me thinking they are going to gun it and they it turns green and im gone look in my side view and they are still there taking there time getting to speed :rotfl: what was the point of all that, for show!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
ChevyIIfan said:
The people on bicycles in a 30+ mph zone riding down the middle of the right lane doing 15.....

Thats good! I can prob run faster then some of the idiots that will do that here riding there bikes lol

ChevyIIfan

Dec 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Thats good! I can prob run faster then some of the idiots that will do that here riding there bikes lol

Oh yeah, drives me crazy. Anyone riding a bike in the middle of a lane where the surrounding traffic is significantly faster is just as bad.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Getting a speeding ticket, on your Bicycle, for speeding. 54, in a 35.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
People who can't take 10 seconds out of their loser lives to put the shopping cart back where it belongs. And instead abandon it in the parking lot where it can dent my car.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
People who come to a full stop at a green light :mad:

It caught me by enough surprise this morning that I didn't snap one of my customary cell phone pics to share. :duh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online