Pet Peeves

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Craigslist buyers that are all gung ho and you offer to meet whenever and they disappear...

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
And the jerks who don't stop over the "sensors" at intersections which tell the light to trip. Most intersections in my area have them, but often are not "used". Go figure, right? It's a free tool and all one needs to do is stop above it for it to work.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This is more of a vent than a peeve but, I am so sick of WeatherTech commercials on TV an now in every YouTube video.
Their latest brainstorm invention is the phone holder that goes in your cup holder...so your phone is safely in the cup holder while you drive with scalding hot coffee in your hand, cuz...hey! no cup holder....BRILLIANT!

Last edited:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
And the jerks who don't stop over the "sensors" at intersections which tell the light to trip. Most intersections in my area have them, but often are not "used". Go figure, right? It's a free tool and all one needs to do is stop above it for it to work.
How do you know where the sensor is?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's usually a loop in the asphalt from the stop line to about a car length back.

Reactions: wstuckey1

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I cannot stand people that do not push there seats in at a restaurant when they leave of people that do not put shopping carts away. I hate navigating parking lots and trying to dodge errant carts.
Get yourself an mdb bumper. You can rearrange the carts from the comfort of your drivers seat. Lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Costco and people. Need I say more???

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
When people close the trunk without using he handle. “USE THE HANDLE!!!”

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
None of the vehicles I currently own have handles...???

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The older TB's, at least the EXT's, had a handle. Never used it though because I'm 6'2" :biggrin:

Reactions: Blckshdw

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The older TB's, at least the EXT's, had a handle. Never used it though because I'm 6'2" :biggrin:
Oh, I don't own an EXt. Then again didn't know the GMT 360 had a trunk or boot. :biggrin: Mine has a tailgate with a cargo area...

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mine has a hatch :biggrin:

Reactions: xavierny25

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Finger smudges are the least of worry on my truck hatch. They prolly improve the look.

My car has no handle on the trunk though.

Reactions: djthumper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is a pocket in the bottom that is supposed to serve as a grab place to pull down the hatch. Never use it though so I have the dreaded finger marks :rolleyes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sometimes I use mine, usually when the lift gate is wet.

As for a pet peeve of mine: Whenever someone is ready to change lanes, or enter traffic from being stopped at a turn, as you're approaching... They don't pull out when there is plenty of room to get in and up to travel speed, but rather wait until you're almost right up on them, THEN they get in your lane and you have to slam your brakes to avoid an accident. :hissyfit:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
People who write on dry erase boards with sharpie...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
People that drive 20mph slower than the posted speed limit, in the left lane, on the interstate.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
There is a pocket in the bottom that is supposed to serve as a grab place to pull down the hatch. Never use it though so I have the dreaded finger marks :rolleyes:
That’s what I meant when I said handle. Lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That’s what I meant when I said handle. Lol

Oh, I had a real pull handle that would hang down. I remember because I had to remove it each time to pull the panel.

Peeve: When you are clearly leaving enough space for someone to merge or change lanes and they just don't move over, don't accelerate to merge or just screw it up royally.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
A couple peeves is calling the Trailblazer a Blazer or worst yet calling it a car.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Oh, I had a real pull handle that would hang down. I remember because I had to remove it each time to pull the panel.

Peeve: When you are clearly leaving enough space for someone to merge or change lanes and they just don't move over, don't accelerate to merge or just screw it up royally.
My buddies suburban has that.
Or when there clearly isn’t enough space and that bmw that flew all the way up the on ramp is trying to merge in front of you in bumper to bumper traffic. That really grinds my gears, hence the air horn. :laugh:
A couple peeves is calling the Trailblazer a Blazer or worst yet calling it a car.
I'm guilty of calling it a Blazer all the time, but I hate it when people call it a car. Even worse is when you call it a truck and someone tries to correct you saying that it's a car. :Banghead:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Must scare the bejeezus out of them bimmers!

My really personal pet peeve is when people tell me they hate winter, snow, cold and love to see the snow melt. Not everybody is a winter hater where some do like to snowmobile (me), ski, snowshoe, toboggan, winter camp, etc. Don't like it? Move south. This IS Canada!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Edit: Just realized I should’ve blacked out some teeth while I was at it. Oh well.

Why? we have dentists here too! Love it!

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
My really personal pet peeve is when people tell me they hate winter, snow, cold and love to see the snow melt. Not everybody is a winter hater where some do like to snowmobile (me), ski, snowshoe, toboggan, winter camp, etc. Don't like it? Move south. This IS Canada!

and then there's this dude south of the border who enjoys the ice and snow 😄
Wisconsin man turns backyard into 'northern Wisconsin Dells,' complete with lazy river
Like most Wisconsinites, Randy Spiehs of Barron has endured a brutal winter.

It was difficult for his dogs to maneuver his backyard in all the snow, so he made paths for them to walk.
When the snow began to melt, he found an unexpected bonus: What looked like a "Northern Wisconsin Dells," complete with lazy river.
"So I've been snowblowing paths for the past couple months," Randy told WTMJ television station in Milwaukee. "[Thursday] I was looking into the backyard and told my wife it looks like we have a lazy river, and I said, 'I should go blow up an innertube.'"
Randy's creation has been shared on social media thousands of times, no doubt inspiring future backyard entrepreneurs.
Only in Wisconsin.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Went to Walmart to get an oil filter for my wife's Nox and decided to check the filter in the box only to find that some low life had done a switcheroo so he could get a $8 filter for $4.
So this Dick Weed thought that his saving four bucks was much more important than someone trashing their engine or making another 10 mile trip to the store....:mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher