Pet Peeves

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If I may, Tow Mirrors on a truck without a reciver. There's a guy in my town with a 2007-13 Silverado 1/2 Ton 4.3 4x4 with those ridiculous HD Mirrors

Along the same lines...

Just because you have a Dodge doesn't mean it is "cool" to have your tow mirrors flipped out and up. What, got a ghost trailer or something? Your truck looks like a derpy moose that way.

Ridiculously negative offset wheels on pickups that stick way out from the wheel wells, especially when they are rather large wheels with relatively short sidewalls, and/or stretched tires to fit really wide wheels. Sorry, that's not cool looking, that's retarded.

Cali lean - seriously? You like your truck looking like your rear suspension is broken, or that you were too lazy to install the rear lift after getting the front done?

Tail pipe tips the size of a freighter's stacks, or semi stacks on a pickup - sorry, but your 3" tailpipe going into a 12" tip hanging behind your tire is really, really stupid, and stacks through your bed are pretty silly too. What, you put those on a gas pickup? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Heck with it, the whole "brotruck" and its variances just needs to stop. Although, it does usually make spotting the douchebags on the road pretty easy.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ghost trailers...even my wife laughs at those guys

Reactions: therealsethallen

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I mean, I leave my hitch in pretty much all the time to thwart people when I'm driving in the city. It's a really good Ricer Deterrent.

Hey! I resemble that remark :biggrin:

You're not from New Hampshire, trust me. The white trash in southern New Hampshire all drive GMT400s with Derpy Moose Mirrors. But they look like Derpy Moose themselves.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
overkill_tuned_vip_car_off_camber_01.jpg

'Nuff said.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Drivers who can't navigate a 4 way stop intersection.
  • Being first to the intersection, having the right of way, and they sit there.
  • The car in front of them takes its turn, and they do a rolling stop right behind them without letting cross traffic take their turn
  • People trying to make their left turn before the incoming traffic clears the lane (saw an accident from this one last weekend)

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Drivers who can't navigate a 4 way stop intersection.
  • Being first to the intersection, having the right of way, and they sit there.
  • The car in front of them takes its turn, and they do a rolling stop right behind them without letting cross traffic take their turn
  • People trying to make their left turn before the incoming traffic clears the lane (saw an accident from this one last weekend)

I watch American Car Crashes in my spare time and most of the accidents are due to not yielding properly or distracted driving

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Try watching the Russian idiots. Esp when they start shooting after the accidents

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My all time pet peeve, people coming up to a changing traffic light in bumper to bumper traffic, and they go into the intersection anyway even though the traffic on the other side isn't moving. Light turns red, they're stuck in the middle of the intersection now blocking the other direction with the green light.

That's when an RPG would be useful!

die.gif

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Try watching the Russian idiots. Esp when they start shooting after the accidents

The accidents are too VIOLENT!!! Hence I don't watch them. There's this channel called DDSTV2 on YouTube where he posts commentary with the video. Makes an absolute joy to watch and learn from other peoples mistakes.

My all time pet peeve, people coming up to a changing traffic light in bumper to bumper traffic, and they go into the intersection anyway even though the traffic on the other side isn't moving. Light turns red, they're stuck in the middle of the intersection now blocking the other direction with the green light.

That's when an RPG would be useful!

View attachment 79016

Maybe hide two in the Hood of the TB. James Bond Style :cool:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Time to reboot this thread....
We buy quite a bit of stuff on eBay and there is one thing that really pisses me off.
These sellers that offer a "make offer" provision but, then are apparently pissed at any offer below BIN. So they don't decline or counter offer, they just don't reply.
It's called the "art of the deal" check into it you Ebay sellers..:hissyfit:Mike.

I'm ok now...:tequila:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shit...I been dealing with a couple of those lately and it does piss you off. They wont accept an offer unless it is within about 5 cents of the damn BIN price...Why bother with an offer??????????????

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
"Well the computer says it's in Stock but I can't find it so we'll order it."

(People who can't do inventory)

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LOL They want to show off their car but skeered to show their plates because they drive like an ass.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm all for privacy and such (like I won't publish my phone number online) but unless you're a cop or an employee at the DMV, you can't trace a plate.

A pet peeve of mine... When a light turns green, the guy turning left in the opposite direction jumps the light and cuts you off or even worse, gets stuck in the middle of the intersection because of traffic.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Another clown who is concerned about his precious tag info but, apparently didn't get this memo...
Identity theft using selfies: Your fingerprint can now be stolen from your pictures.
00x0x_5CwBBU64brB_600x450.jpg

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
There is a way to trace plates and not be police or DMV. You have to pay or it though.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
There is a way to trace plates and not be police or DMV. You have to pay or it though.
Yeah but, what does that get you? Like someone said, "your plate is in the public's face every day ".

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Yeah but, what does that get you? Like someone said, "your plate is in the public's face every day ".
They don't have a picture of it. Just saying

Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My pet peeve is people creeping forward at a red light. It won't change any faster and you won't get there any sooner.

or

For some reason lately, people are stopping way ahead of the stop line, like at least one car length. Even though I'm stopped at the line, they stop or have already stopped way before the line. Vision problems?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
To piggy back off @Mooseman when people pull into the left hand turn lane during rush hour traffic, and sit a car length behind the vehicle in front of them, causing the person behind them to stick out into the moving traffic lane causing a jam.

And worse than that, the jerks who miss the turn lane completely, put their blinker on to get let in but when it's a case of the left turns going last, they don't pull through the intersection and make a U turn, they just sit there blocking traffic like a dumbass! :hissyfit:

Reactions: fletch09

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
For some reason lately, people are stopping way ahead of the stop line, like at least one car length. Even though I'm stopped at the line, they stop or have already stopped way before the line. Vision problems?

Yes!..what is that?...this is kinda related to an earlier rant of mine about this phenom happening in fast food places or any waiting line where people are now spacing themselves at ridiculous distances, and now I'm seeing it with cars in the drive through too...Global Warming??

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Actually I stop behind the line enough I can see the end of it in front of the truck. So like 4 feet behind it... (cops like to get on people for that here)

My most recent is people who just don't do anything. Like you had a week to do it and it takes five minutes and you still waited and then didn't do it. Come on.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My most recent is people who just don't do anything. Like you had a week to do it and it takes five minutes and you still waited and then didn't do it. Come on.

You mean procrastinating in general? Nothing wrong with that!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
When you park at the far edge of a parking lot, yet someone still decides to park right next to you...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Auto Zone sends me a coupon to get $5 off of each gal of Prestone. So I want to buy 2 gals. but because it's on sale I can only get at the sale price of $3 off ea. ??
Seems odd that the coupon wouldn't trump the lesser sale price...that AZ they always keep me laughing...:dielaugh:

Last edited:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Someone tells you it will be done by tomorrow, days later it is not there and you have heard nothing. So I guess, tomorrow never comes...

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
Just read through all 6 pages, and love them all!

What about pedestrians who stop in front of you in a cross walk to answer their phone, have a conversation, etc?

"German engineering". A coworker is moving out of country and selling a Porsche and an Audi convertible. Was seriously thinking about one of these toys until I researched them and read about the failing intermediate shaft on the Porsche and the timing chain mounted in the rear of the engine of the Audi that often needs the chain guides replaced and you have to remove the engine to do the job.

Another coworker has a BMW that thought it was just fine that after just 100k it needed $8000 in repairs because it is a "finely tuned machine". Not so, my friend, just an overpriced pos!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yes! though the Germans do make some nice stuff it's hard to justify (in many cases) just paying for the name.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That makes me think of those who dis' my Yamaha snowmobile because it's big and heavy, like all Yamaha sleds. This is from those who own other light sleds that spit pistons every season while I'm towing them.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Was seriously thinking about one of these toys until I researched them and read about the failing intermediate shaft on the Porsche

The 996 was the problem one, but if it's been fixed, it won't be an issue.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
People who are in lead positions at your place of employment that take advantage of things and sit on their a**, while those under them have to pick up the slack and work harder to make up for it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
People who seem to have no interest in replying back to texts, emails, or voicemails about something they're trying to sell on Craigslist. Why post an ad up if you're not gonna bother even getting back to a potential buyer.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
People who seem to have no interest in replying back to texts, emails, or voicemails about something they're trying to sell on Craigslist. Why post an ad up if you're not gonna bother even getting back to a potential buyer.
REPLY ?....hell, many of them can't even post a decent picture...if there is even a picture :dunce:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online