Pet Peeves

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Blckshdw said:
People who come to a full stop at a green light :mad:
Ugh! And how about the ones who always do that at turn signals!!! The light is green, no one is coming, GO Jack OFF. Drives me insane. Seems to happen more at right hand turns.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I had a lady once in the right turning lane and the light is green and I'm heading at the light driving and she jumps in front of me and stops at the light when it was green!! Man was I not happy to nail my brakes for this idiot!! Flash my high beams numerous times and she starts driving and gives me the ok I get it hand. Yeah right you didn't get it :no: and she was in a vette!! She could have floored it and did fine

Gary M

Jul 12, 2012
Wyle said:
Oh you do NOT want to get me started (but you did).

#1 - People who do not know how merging traffic works!!! :hissyfit:
Whether its people who try to get on the 65mph freeway when they're pedaling along at 40 on the onramp, the ones who see no issues with blindly wandering into the next lane when theirs is ending, or the one who actually pulls out of the line of merged car, passes a bunch by using the lane that ends soon, and then forces his way back into line. Was behind one once that actually scraped fenders at the choke point, which then blocked the only open lane.

... and/or the people turning right, from a dedicated turning lane, with a yield sign, into a dedicated turning lane with a merge lane ahead of them and who STOP at the yield sign and wait until all lanes are clear (despite the empty turn/merge lane right in front of their noses) because it takes 3 whole lanes to turn their #$$%ing compact econobox onto a new street.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
rodehawg said:
Post a no soliciting sign. Do it for your little girl's sake.

Neighborhood had them, but I decided to go a step further and sell the house and move to back to the small hometown.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Seriously cannot stand when your driving down the road and someone hits a stop sign jumps in front of you in a hurry and goes slow as shit...happened to me THREE FUCKING times in a 4 miles drive...:hissyfit:

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
There's an intersection near me, right lane is a turning lane, turns into a dedicated lane with a solid white line for a stretch. The middle lane is omni directional, can go left or right. People in the right lane drift across the solid line all the time, into cars Turing right from the middle lane. Seriously, does no one know what a solid white line is there for?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Dead thread revival!!! :wootwoot:

I don't know how I've let this thread remain silent for well over a year, I like complaining about shit too much! :biggrin:

But for a non automotive pet peeve that's been occurring a bit more often recently: When people send out mass text messages to everyone in their phone (stupid pictures, jokes, etc) and then a bunch of people you don't know (along with some that you do) reply to all, and get side conversations going, blowing up your phone. :hissyfit:

Back on topic, I hate it when traffic is pulling up to a red light, and you need to get in the turn lane (either side). The vehicle in front of you stops well short of the vehicle in front of them, leaving a big gap. You are right near the beginning of the turn lane with your signal on, and there's enough room for you to pull to the side where the driver in front of you can see your turn signal in their side mirror, but they don't move up to let you pass.
finger.gif

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Spam texts suck

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
I only read page one and five, so I'm sure it's been said, but it's worth saying again:

People who drive slowly in the fast lane, AND they don't move when I flash my motherfucking lights at them. Ram, ram, RAM!

Jared

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jsheahawk said:
I only read page one and five, so I'm sure it's been said, but it's worth saying again:

People who drive slowly in the fast lane, AND they don't move when I flash my motherfucking lights at them. Ram, ram, RAM!

Jared

Flash your lights at me from behind and you will see who has better brakes. I HATE people who think they are more important and can direct me as to how to drive. (I always do the speed limit-ish, so not slow really)

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
HARDTRAILZ said:
Flash your lights at me from behind and you will see who has better brakes. I HATE people who think they are more important and can direct me as to how to drive. (I always do the speed limit-ish, so not slow really)
I won't just run up on their asses and start flashing. I'll be in the fast lane, get behind them, wait, wait, freaking wait some more...THEN flash my lights a couple times. No crazy flashing and honking or anything. Just a friendly, "Hey, in case you didn't see me, I'm back here and would like to sneak by."

Jared

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Back on topic, I hate it when traffic is pulling up to a red light, and you need to get in the turn lane (either side). The vehicle in front of you stops well short of the vehicle in front of them, leaving a big gap. You are right near the beginning of the turn lane with your signal on, and there's enough room for you to pull to the side where the driver in front of you can see your turn signal in their side mirror, but they don't move up to let you pass.
finger.gif

Especially when you miss the turn light because of it. Pisses me off to no end.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Drivers on the interstate who do stupid $#!+ and hold folks up out in the left lane forever, and when you finally get by them you look over and the stupid b!+¢# is texting. Drives me up the freakin wall!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That's a good reason to move over n brake check em.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
When folks spin the cylinder and then jerk/flip the cylinder into the frame while still spinning, or just slam it home. Hard on cylinder stop, yoke /crane.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jbones said:
When folks spin the cylinder and then jerk/flip the cylinder into the frame while still spinning, or just slam it home. Hard on cylinder stop, yoke /crane.

But it looks cool :cool::wink::eek::confused:

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
jbones said:
Sadly, they will never come to understand why one shouldn't do this.

On the other hand, the person BESIDE them is going to be very pissed with all the metal particles spitting out the cylinder gap!

p.ward7885

Mar 22, 2014
When someone in a service line tells the person trying to provide a service to hold so they may finish their phone conversation.
If your in a line for a purpose get off of the phone.....

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Good lord, almost another year has gone by... We've been slacking people! Got some oddball ones this time.

When you're in the men's room for a quick pit stop, and some dude steps up to the urinal next to you jaw jacking on their phone. Really? That shit can wait, and nobody on the other end wants to hear what's going on in there. I hope you drop your phone mid sentence! :mad:

And what's worse than THAT guy? How about the one that steps up to the urinal next to you, and is having a conversation with themselves!! :eek: Get back on your meds head case!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I usually ask them questions when they are on the phone in the bathroom or talk to myslf about how nice it is to be taking a leak or other random stuff til they get the hint.

Pet Peeve of same variety...The assholes that use one of two toilets to stand and pee instead of the urinals on our floor at work. Its a long haul to another shitter and they pee on the seat half the time. Makes me want to shit on their shoes

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thanks to a case of bad judgement on my part yesterday, I was inspired to :bump: this thread again.

Don't you hate it when you rush some strenuous activity and hurt yourself, when it could have been avoided if you just took your time? :mad: Sure, we all do. That's what pain killers are for. But what really pisses me off, is when you take said pain killers, they take a while to set in, but when they do, life is good again, and you go on your merry way...

Until 3am when the meds wear off, things start hurting again which wakes you up, you can't fall back to sleep, and you have to get up at 6am to go to work. Ugh, son of a :lipsrsealed: Now I'm sore, grumpy, AND sleepy. This is not a good combination for anyone that wants to come to my desk being a smart ass today. :hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I could strangle the lady I sit next to at work now. She leaves her cell phone on her desk while she is away with the volume all the way up and it seems to constantly ring. But if she is siting there...never rings. Pisses me off nearly everyday. Common courtesy is to leave them on vibrate round here.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
People that ignore no soliciting signs, and try to get you to buy magazine subscriptions. :hopeless:

I didn't even know they still try that approach. At least offer me something I can't get on my own, and from the comfort of my couch. (ie Girl Scout cookies)

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Here's a new one I've developed over the last few months...

When you have a new resealable bag of food, that has one of those wannabe Ziplock deals on it. You tear off the top strip where it's perforated, and the zip strips are locked together, so you grip the sides of the bag and pull.

Instead of the zip strips separating from each other, one of them separates from its side of the bag, so it can't be resealed on its own anymore. :mad:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Here's a new one I've developed over the last few months...

When you have a new resealable bag of food, that has one of those wannabe Ziplock deals on it. You tear off the top strip where it's perforated, and the zip strips are locked together, so you grip the sides of the bag and pull.

Instead of the zip strips separating from each other, one of them separates from its side of the bag, so it can't be resealed on its own anymore. :mad:
Amen brother...the gallon freezer bags from Aldi are a great replacement.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Fucking hate these people that walk by my cube and stare in like I am some kinda animal on display at the zoo. A glance is fine, but the stares are just pissing me off. Only a couple people, but really want to say something today cause a couple seem to be going by repeatedly.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a few to add to the list:

When someone's spelling is SOO bad, that spell check and/or auto correct throws its hands up, cuz it doesn't know what to do with the word. And then the person posts it anyway. Saw someone actually spell exhausted as "exostied" earlier this morning. SMDH, it's called proof reading people!! :hopeless:

When ladies take pics, with their head cocked/tilted to one side to look cute, but they overdo it. End up looking like a broken bobble head doll. Please note, this is NOT the proper way to get around taking taco neck pics! :duh:

When you go to put on your favorite shirt, and notice a rip/tear/hole that wasn't there before, and you have no idea how it got there.
wtf.gif
:hissyfit:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
When you go to put on your favorite shirt, and notice a rip/tear/hole that wasn't there before, and you have no idea how it got there.
wtf.gif
:hissyfit:
You don't want to see one of my 49ers t-shirts...bought it in 97 when I was there and there's more holes than shirt!

Reactions: djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Along with the holes in shirts...The motherf'ing bleach spot in a shirt when we do not use bleach. How did it get there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When you catch cute girls checking you out, and when you flash em a smile, they try to play it off like they weren't looking. Be better at eyeballing people if your man is nearby! :raspberry:

Another one, when people fart in an airplane. That right there is grounds for a beat down! At least in an elevator, you can get out in a few seconds. :Boxin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
When you catch cute girls checking you out, and when you flash em a smile, they try to play it off like they weren't looking. Be better at eyeballing people if your man is nearby! :raspberry:

Another one, when people fart in an airplane. That right there is grounds for a beat down! At least in an elevator, you can get out in a few seconds. :Boxin:
Are you on the plane getting the eye and next to the guy that farted?

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you on the plane getting the eye and next to the guy that farted?

Lol, no. Couple of ladies in the security line, and boarding lines. I think if the person who fared was known, they'd be thrown from the plane

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher