Performance parts trip tps?

AaronJefferson

Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Georgia
I have a 2008 gmc envoy denali with a 5.3l and several aftermarket performance parts added. I just installed a jet power flow throttle body and an power aid throttle body spacer behind it. When I stomp the accelerator, it activates the decreased engine performance feature. Prior to this install, I have a sprint pcm tuner, air raid cold air intake and dual exhaust. Other than when I step on the gas, the motor runs great...very smooth, but for some reason when I lay onto it, it flips the gm safety feature on...does anyone know what could be causing this?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What codes are you getting? If you are getting REP, it should also have a code.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
So... Some of the older guys on the forum may remember my headaches with PCM tunes of the V8 pcm... Short of the story is that if the blade opens too fast you will get REP because it senses the inertia of the blade swinging open moving past its stop (As I was told anyway) So a larger throttle body could be hitting past the upper limit the PCM sees and be throwing REP... You have a way to data-log TPS and PPS input to see where it falls when the fault occurs? If you have access to a tech 2, snapshot data is recorded when REP sets as well. Try to get that and see what the difference between commanded and actual are. :tiphat:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would also contact the TB seller.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.