NEED HELP PCV Vavle GMC Envoy 04 SLE 4.2L V6

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I'll wait for someone else to chime in, but I don't believe there is supposed to be oil inside the crank vent hose, sounds like you may or may not have a blockage/problem somewhere.

The first code relates to the speed of the fan clutch. It could be failing, or you may have a chaffed wire/dirty electrical connector. I would pop the shroud off and inspect the wiring, or clean the connector with electrical cleaner. If your engine has a jet engine like roar to it, then the clutch is probably shot and needs to be replaced.

The P0410 looks to be for the secondary air injection pump. As far as repairs go, I don't have much experience with dealing with it, so someone else will need to chime in. When I saw it pop up in threads it seems to be a common problem with the 04-newer models that had it added.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oil in the vent tube and the resonator is considered "normal" on these trucks due to the design of the PCV system. This is also the reason our throttle bodies get so gunked up.

Agreed for the two codes. For the SAIS, you could repair it but most here delete that system and has the codes turned off via a tune. Since I don't actually have that system, I can't advise on how to repair it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online