PcmofNC

John Trail 06

Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Langhorne PA
I have a bad pcm in my trailblazer and I’m looking to get a new one. I have a po601 code and it keeps stalling. I have a buddy who had a pcm that I could use to see if that was the problem and so far running good. Has anyone here had a pcm from PcmofNC and how is it and how is there customer service? I have no mods to my trailblazer but now that I have to replace the pcm maybe I can look at better shifts and other benefits of getting a new pcm. Any help would be great thank you.
I also see flashmasters on the web and looking at them also but it looks like they just set it to Oem specs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
PCMofNC are good and no complaints seen here for sure. There is also Limeswap we use a lot, including myself, and is an active member here (@limequat ). Basically does the exact same thing but cheaper ($99 shipped to you). I don't know if he has spares of this type of PCM if you need to buy one outright. It might still be cheaper to get one from a junker and send it to get it tuned.
http://www.lime-swap.com

Whichever you choose, these are the options you should get:
- Remove fan codes (so you can use a thermal fan clutch instead of the failure prone EV clutch)
- Remove SAIS codes (so you can delete this failure prone, useless and expensive system)
- Firm up shifts
- Remove torque management
- Remove Torque converter slip engagement (engage torque converter at 100%)
- Remove VATS (because it could eventually fail and leave you stranded)
- Remove rev limiter in Park/Neutral (personal preference)
- Remove speed limit (personal preference)

You can also discuss with Jeremy to see if there is anything else you'd like done.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
^ Thanks Mooseman, good summary :smile:

I do sell PCMs for $100 (same as the loaner deposit), and I should currently have an 06 in stock. For $199 you can get a tuned PCM to your door. This is definitely the easy option.

Generally, you can save money by sourcing a junkyard PCM yourself, and sending that one for the tune.

Aug 28, 2017
Georgia
PCMofNC are good and no complaints seen here for sure. There is also Limeswap we use a lot, including myself, and is an active member here (@limequat ). Basically does the exact same thing but cheaper ($99 shipped to you). I don't know if he has spares of this type of PCM if you need to buy one outright. It might still be cheaper to get one from a junker and send it to get it tuned.
http://www.lime-swap.com

Whichever you choose, these are the options you should get:
- Remove fan codes (so you can use a thermal fan clutch instead of the failure prone EV clutch)
- Remove SAIS codes (so you can delete this failure prone, useless and expensive system)
- Firm up shifts
- Remove torque management
- Remove Torque converter slip engagement (engage torque converter at 100%)
- Remove VATS (because it could eventually fail and leave you stranded)
- Remove rev limiter in Park/Neutral (personal preference)
- Remove speed limit (personal preference)

You can also discuss with Jeremy to see if there is anything else you'd like done.
Hello,I want to ask you a question about going from the EV fan clutch to Thermal clutch.When you did yours did you go ahead and remove the EV fan fuse and its relay?Looking at the wiring diagram for the EV fan system nothing else seems to show being on the same circuit,am I right about this?Lime-swap will have my PCM tomorrow,I decided to do the whole list of changes you recommended.I already got all the SAIS parts took off and the valve hole blocked of and pulled both of the fuses and its relay.I just want a option from someone who is already running without the EV fan,thank you for your time and help with this and the time you took to answer my message I sent you a couple days ago.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Either doesn't matter really. I left mine in and just left the fan connector dangling.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Same as those guys. I think I ziptied mine up by the battery.

Also, I'm in the minority here as I never had my sais codes pulled. However at 210k and 14 years old, it still works as it should. If it breaks I'll remove it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.