Pcmforless Avantages

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
People have been talking about the tunes for there trucks and I have heard all positive's about them, What wonders have they done for you? Thanks
Trent:undecided:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
People have been talking about the tunes for there trucks and I have heard all positive's about them, What wonders have they done for you? Thanks
Trent:undecided:

Response with the biggest thing that I noticed. It's the best mod that I have ever done an well worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
big gain in power and response and the best investment i had ever done on a truck ,its awesome what a tune can unleash like pcmforless did and the bonus mpgs!i recommend it all the time.:yes:

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Plus one for PCMforless they really nailed the tune down for our trucks. The biggest thing I noticed was response, response, response lmao. Haven't really noticed any power or MPGs but then again I did lift my truck at the same time with MarkMCs lift kit.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Not to be a noob lol but where is the chip located? and thanks sounds like a good investment, Just nervous cause I have never delt with them before and If the tune Screws up my truck my dad will Sh*t a brick! lol:mad:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
The biggest improvement for me was teaching the transmission when to shift.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Not to be a noob lol but where is the chip located? and thanks sounds like a good investment, Just nervous cause I have never delt with them before and If the tune Screws up my truck my dad will Sh*t a brick! lol:mad:

Its not a chip, they tune the actual pcm(its under the hood) and you have to send it to them to be tuned.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Sorry, Thanks I feel embarresed now ....:redface:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
its the square box attached to the intake!and the turnaround time is fast!contact kelly@pcmforless!you will love it and your dad will take the truck when he sees it ride fast!lol:yes:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
havie22 said:
its the square box attached to the intake!and the turnaround time is fast!contact kelly@pcmforless!you will love it and your dad will take the truck when he sees it ride fast!lol:yes:

make sure you mark what you want and explain you want the torque mahagement removed on the comment box! i went with firmness level# 3 and i love it its not harsh at all!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
07 TB RIDER said:
It's the best mod that I have ever done

I can say the same.:yes:

Better throttle response, more power in the lower rpm range, plus don't have push the pedal 3/4 through its range of travel to shift/pass.

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
i dont know! i think i saw them here somewheres!

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Me007gold said:
Speaking of PCMforless, has any one invited Kelly or Alvin over to the new site yet?

Yep they're here I just saw a thread from Marshall.

edit: Also keep in mind your truck will be down for a least two days or so while your PCM is away. They have a really great turn around, hopefully they'll offer special pricing for the holidays.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another reason, apart from what has been stated already, is the removal of the error codes for the cooling fan. Useful if you want to switch over to efans or a 2008-09 fan clutch, which does not have the electro-viscous crap.

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
The things I enjoy most about my tune are the throttle response, and the transmission response. The stock shift points annoyed me all the time, but with the tune, it now shifts right where I expect it to, all the time.

marshall@pcm

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the good words, guys! :smile:

We also have Core and Loaner programs for people who can't be without their vehicles. With the Core program, we send you a tuned PCM/TCM and you return your stock stuff to us for the refund(or you can keep them.... up to you). The Core program will also need what's called a CASE relearn and this needs to be done by a dealership, or someone with a TECH II or high-end Snap-On tool. Only takes a couple minutes to do and dealerships charge anywhere from 40 to 100 bucks.

With the Loaner program, we send you a stock PCM/TCM to drive around on while you send us yours to be tuned. When you get them back, you send us the ones we originally sent you for the refund, if you want. The CASE Realearn is not needed with this program since you are putting you own module(s) back in the vehicle.

Both programs will need a Security Relearn, which you will do yourself. Instructions are included in a pamphlet we send out with the modules.

PCMforless

Click on Tuning, then select your vehicle the see pricing and options. :smile:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i really reallly realllly need to do this

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I should mention that I had a self-created issue when I did mine and needed a pcm ASAP. Called them up and explained. They said give us a few extra dollars for shipping and we will help you out. 18 hours later I had my freshly tuned PCM at my house. Quicker than me driving there and back. They went above and beyond. Put me at the top of the list, tuned everything perfect and shipped it out right away.

Great customer service!

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Black_tb said:
i really reallly realllly need to do this

Best mod you can do for performance!

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Sounds like I will be doing this. But, That is after my Intake, Flowmaster 50 series delta, and Res delete. Thanks! haha

KS_Cottonwood

Dec 8, 2011
As everyone has already stated, throttle and transmission response is so much improved over stock. I've had mine installed for about 110,000 miles so far.

Arock

Dec 8, 2011
:yes: Do it! Shift points, acceleration, Its worth every penny!...:undecided: Now if I could just get the added mpg by keeping my foot out of it :biggrin: Plus their customer service was great too.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Arock said:
:yes: Do it! Shift points, acceleration, Its worth every penny!...:undecided: Now if I could just get the added mpg by keeping my foot out of it :biggrin: Plus their customer service was great too.

:iagree:
I probably lost MPGs because of my heavy foot now... :thumbsup:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
ricer horsepower break down.

coffee can exhaust- 50hp
red interior paint- 20hp
oversized wing- 15hp -20hp if its made out of sheet metal
neon lights - 30hp
ground effects 15hp
autozone cold air intake 10hp

still getting smoked by a gmt twice your size....... priceless:yes:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Me007gold said:
Skip the intake, its a waste of money

:iagree: You're a non-MAF truck. You can make yourself a WAI as good as any aftermarket one out there at Home Depot. :biggrin:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Just got my loaner via ups to do the reflash and changes, however the dealer has my truck since this morning to get the rust repaired. Took only 2 days. I can't wait!

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
How much does that run? If you dont mind me asking. I have a small spot I need to get done. I already have a K & N what would a Air intake hurt? or help? You kinda got a point lol:yes:

D-V_Envoy

Dec 6, 2011
As many have stated the better throttle response, more power in the lower rpm range, and a transmission that now shifts as it should.
The down fall -- I barely see the improved MPG only because I have too much fun with the gas pedal!:rotfl:

The BEST thing was the customer service. Had to send the PCM back after a new trans was installed and GMC flashed it.
Kelly and the team turned it VERY FAST! They have answered every question and always help you.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thank you

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
oh! and you will also love it on wet pavement burning those tires on first and second shifts!and you may want to go with a new set of brakes too! cause when you step on it some idiot will jump in front of you and its a heavy truck to stop!lol just my oersonal story ha ha ha!:rotfl:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
D-V_Envoy said:
As many have stated the better throttle response, more power in the lower rpm range, and a transmission that now shifts as it should.
The down fall -- I barely see the improved MPG only because I have too much fun with the gas pedal!:rotfl:

The BEST thing was the customer service. Had to send the PCM back after a new trans was installed and GMC flashed it.
Kelly and the team turned it VERY FAST! They have answered every question and always help you.

:iagree:

I also had to send it back and they took care of me quickly and with no issues! :thumbsup:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I don't have a tune yet, however the most convincing proof of what it can do is a video I saw, maybe someone can throw a link to it. It shows a stock throttle body and a tuned one and you can see the difference in how fast the throttle opens , the tuned one is instant and the stock one takes a few seconds

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You mean this one?

[video=youtube;VLsY7dYjenY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLsY7dYjenY[/video]

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
Just picked up an 09 TB. Primarily a daily driver for my wife. She was rather insistant that she get a vehicle capable of towing my boat (GTW +/- 3000). Although she didn't come out and say it, I think her ultimate plan is for me to inherit the TB when I retire, sell my Dakota, and give her free rein on a new car. :wink:

Anyhow, can you get a tune that is good for both daily driver milage and towing? It seems like shift points and other tune items would be quite different for those two uses. :undecided:

What effect , if any, would a tune have on Traction Control and Stabilitrac?

Alan

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
You mean this one?

[video=youtube;VLsY7dYjenY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLsY7dYjenY[/video]

Remember guys, this is ONLY FOR 08-09 engines!!! 02-07s are similar, but you cant adjust it as easily as in the video. Keep this in mind when getting a tune. Reducing TM has a lot to do with it though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher