PCM4L Tune came today!

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I waited for years to order my PCM4L tune... I dont know why. I just figured my Envoy was fast enough and leave well enough alone
A month ago, I got completely pwned by a soccer mom in a new Chrysler minivan...lol...it was a pivotal point for me. The whole episode kinda de-masculinized me and I didnt like it :biggrin: lol. In all seriousness, Ive always wanted to get the tune but kept missing the sales.

So anyways, I ordered my tune with #1 shift firmness, no towing, specified I had a CAI although Im working on that next, and removed the speed limiter.

It came today and I could barely control myself. :cool: I came right home and installed it. I started the truck up and went for a drive. I noticed right away that the gas pedal was much more responsive and I could feel more power. The shifts were much much nicer, not sloppy anymore like before. I did make a video but it was on my EVO and kinda sux. I will make a new video with a real camera in the next day or two and upload it for you guys!

First impressions: HOLY SH*T! :wootwoot: I started out my going to a straight stretch of road with no traffic. I came to a complete stop, and then dropped the hammer. For the first time EVER, I left rubber on the road from a standstill :rotfl: I couldnt believe the throttle response, it REALLY pulls now. It feels like a throttle governor was removed.

After doing a quick 0-80mph which was soooooooooo much faster than before, I went to a turnaround (Michigan left turn) and waited for no traffic. Now before, I could only peel out in a turn, lame I know. So I expected to lay rubber I just didnt know how much...well I almost did a complete donut! :rotfl: Once I smooshed the pedal down, the rear end felt like it was on ice. AND I have A/T tires. It was real hard to spin those babies before the tune!

All in all, what an improvement. I also noticed that, even though I dropped the hammer twice, my average mpg's were up from earlier today...lol. I was averaging 15.1mpg and it was settling at 15.6mpg, in spite of me beating on it a little. I think Im going to like this!

Hats off to PCM4Less for the awesome tax return price, the really fast service, the excellent communications - emails are responded to immediately, and for "waking up" my Envoy!! :tiphat: :thumbsup:

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
My PCM is in the hands of USPS as I type this, speeding its way to PCMforless. I can't wait to get it back and see the improvements. I'm not so much interested in the power gains so much as improving on the awful transmission shifts, and the extra MPG will sure be welcome this summer if gas carries on it merry little jaunt to new heights....

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy, you sure are making it hard to wait like a good little boy on installing our PCM in our TB until i get a few other things taken care of first. :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Definitely a great bang for the buck mod.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
marshall@pcm said:
So, I take it you're happy with it?! lol

:yes:

:biggrin:
This things gonna get me in trouble...LOL.

Merging onto the highway this morning was soooo much more fun than it has been the past 8 years :thumbsup: Thanks PCM4L!!!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Wow I love when you actually get your money's worth. I'm still awaiting someone to write up their experiences with a 5.3 swb.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
There are two intersections near home which can be trickly to make a left across since they are near hills. Too often a vehicle pops up when you're only 1/3 way through the turn. Now that the engine actually responds when you hit the gas, I know I'll make it through.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Video please? Lol I think I am going to go with shift firmness two but I wan to see one first...

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Got my tune 2 days ago! Got shift firmness 2 but when I send it back to get it tuned with No cats and 93 octane I think I may try 3. My moms escape 4 banger shifts harder than the shift firmness 2.

Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
Nice! It's reviews like these that really determine whether I use a product or not.

Been wanting to get my Blazer a tune from them, as well as the T-Blazers. I might actually go for it finally. My Blazer is already almost a second faster than stock so I'm betting it'd be quite the difference. CAI and 2.5" mandrel bent Dynomax catback with no cat is all I've done to it. Ran a 15.88 while they were reported to run 16.7 or slower in OEM form. All I did was launch around 1400rpm and usually pull consistent low 2.2's in the 60 ft. It's hilarious to me when I'm out-60-footing mustangs and camaros and corvettes because they have to manage the throttle to not blow the tires off.

How much was the tune?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also look into a tune by Lime-swap.com (@limequat here). Same service but much cheaper.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online