PCM from 02TB to 05EV ?

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
high ,
Hello, I previously purchased an calibrated / updated and tuned PCM from a vendor in the old site for my previous Trailblazer 2002 lt ext .
Is it possible to install that PCM on Envoy 2005 xl sle ?
do i need a case relearn ? security relearn ? i disabled the VATS in that tuned 2002 PCM

i need any help guys ,
thanks a lot

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
high ,
Hello, I previously purchased an calibrated / updated and tuned PCM from a vendor in the old site for my previous Trailblazer 2002 lt ext .
Is it possible to install that PCM on Envoy 2005 xl sle ?
do i need a case relearn ? security relearn ? i disabled the VATS in that tuned 2002 PCM

i need any help guys ,
thanks a lot

Is that vendor still active there or here? If so they would be the best to advise. It should be the same P10 PCM. Is the axle ratio the same in both vehicles?

Reactions: yazan

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It should although it has never been confirmed. The only difference between the two is the oil level sensor that is missing in the 05 and the gearing. If the gearing is different, your speedo will be off. And the oil level sensor that's missing, since there was none in 05, the DIC shouldn't display anything and ignore any message about low oil level (not pressure).

Give it a try. Can't hurt anything. It may need a security relearn and most likely a CASE relearn if it doesn't throw an error but won't keep it from running.

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
its works , engine crank and start with no problem untill now , no codes exept the new code p0135 , that only set after the pcm swap , i dont know what that mean ! its a year/model diffrence ? or the envoy pre-owner has did something or disabled the code ? or disabled the cat ? iam not sure , i have no way to contct him .

speedo is ok
The trims and readings are attached that help

but please , do i need to do a case relearn ? even there is no codes ?
i started the engine and idle for sometime and cycle engine on/off many times , and ddrove it for about hour , no codes exepct the p0135

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814_192420_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814_192420_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210814_191411_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814_191411_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210814_191357_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814_191357_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210814_191221_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814_191221_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 3

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
If its the b1s1 sensor how its show numbers and readings with both pcm's ? I can't think . brain jammed

My other thread about fuel consumption … maybe related to this new code?
Is there any possibilities that its os difference in both pcm's?
If the old owner was disabled the code, the car will consume more fuel?

Please accept my apologies for keeping asking and posting . I dont have a good experience in this trims/readings specs and ranges. So please accept my apology again.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If its the b1s1 sensor how its show numbers and readings with both pcm's ? I can't think . brain jammed
It's the heater that's not working. It helps the sensor get up to temp to get it to closed loop faster. Could be related to fuel consumption.

Is there any possibilities that its os difference in both pcm's?
If the old owner was disabled the code, the car will consume more fuel?
Doubt it very much. It didn't really change from 02 to 05. It's possible the previous owner disabled that code if he had it tuned.

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
update for whom it may concern , the pcm will plug and run, BUT

i noticed some points
reversed fuel level !!!!
the o2b1s1 heater code issue
and maybe there is more that I didn’t notice

so , back to the pre-pcm

thanks guys

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
what do you mean "reversed fuel level".... on your dash gage?
There might be issues with how your application is doing its data collection. I don't know how torque "hold" parameters for a given vehicle but there is a "scan" that does something to setup and identify "available PIDS" for each vehicle. IF you change out a PCM for a different year, I am not sure the same set of PIDS are applicable without doing a rescan. It might not matter as a pid that has moved will likely just show no value.... but also some equations may have changed.

One thing that is still interesting, is what I would consider low "throttle position". IF I understand the series of pictures posted, they are for both pcms. The value appears to be in the same range. Not sure what it implies.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
what do you mean "reversed fuel level".... on your dash gage

At some year, I don't know when, they changed the fuel level sensor resistance profile. On early years low resistance was low fuel level. On later years low resistance was high fuel level.

Why must they do these things!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'll bet they changed it with the new returnless fuel system and pump in 05. At least we know the PCM will work otherwise. So 02-04 are a direct swap and 05 stands alone just because of the fuel level.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online