Passing along a 1994 Camaro as an Early Christmas Gift

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It is no secret that after my spinal injuries and back surgery way back in April of 2015, that the three primary repair projects that I had ongoing between the 2002 Trailblazer Engine debacle, my son’s… actually mine since swapping my 2003 Chevy Silverado with him for his 1994 Chevrolet 3.4L V6...and my favorite of them all ...the 1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28...all had to come to a screeching halt. During that time-line… I had to neglect all three vehicles without being able to get around and regularly start them to keep the batteries charged up and the engines fairly well lubricated.

Recently though, while having a nice GAF Timberline pitched roof installed on my home…

http://www.gaf.com/Roofing/Residential/Products/Shingles/Timberline/

...I spoke with the Job Foreman about wanting to remove the ‘94 Camaro from my driveway as I was doubtful about ever again being able to go back to working on it. He mentioned… “Well you know ...my son-in-law, Josh has always wanted one of these Camaros... How do you feel about selling this Black One to him?” I pondered that possibility for a minute and then replied, “Geez… Ya Know… I’m not really interested in selling either one of my Camaros… but I’ll tell you what I’ll consider:: Ask Josh if he would like me to just give him the car ...with a free and clear title… so maybe it would be sort of be like an early Christmas Present for him?” The man looked very surprised and doubtful at me and asked, “ Bobby… Are you really serious about this?” I laughed just a bit and said… “Well of course I’m serious, Man... bring him around when he has time to look at the car and then he can decide if this is what he would like to do.” We shook hands on the idea and I left it at that.

During the interim, the men from “Ye Old Time Roofing Company” finished replacing my busted up hurricane damaged roof and I became a little better acquainted through them with Joshua as being a young, hard working fellow who works two jobs and has a lovely wife and three kids to look after… and not a hell of lot of money to make their world go around. So after ruminating on the matter for a while,,, when he showed up with his Dad, three Uncles and a few friends to get a closer look at the car… and after seeing that special sparkle a man gets in his eye when “The 4th Gen F-Body Thunderbolt ” strikes… I asked him, “So Josh… knowing now that the V-6 motor inside of this car is such a mess… what sort of engine were you thinking about dropping inside the bay there?” He smiled and said… “To be honest… I almost can’t even think right now ...now that I have seen the car… I guess I’ll have to take my time and think about it...”

So I smiled right back at him and said...”Well… if later on you decided to put in a V-8 motor… it would require getting the stronger K-Frame, heavier Coil over Shocks and a compatible ECM-PCM to make all that work… So instead… How about this… Inside my garage right now is a completely rebuilt 3.4L 6/60 L-32 V-6 engine… it has been bored 0.030 “ over (0.075MM) with new factory pistons and rings… a CompCam Performance Cam, Cloyes Double Roller Timing Chain and Gears, CompCam Performance Valve Springs, Compcam Roller Tipped Rockers...and all Brand New Parts and Accessories and also tons of new components (yup...and headers with welded CAT, too) in boxes that I’ll have to gather together later on from all over the house and give to you… right along with this engine mounted on an Engine Stand. So in addition to the car… I’ll throw in that new motor ...with the keys and the clear title as part of this one gift to you. Would that be Okay with you?”

I smiled broadly and watched as time stood still for this kid while he took it all in ...and finally he looked up and replied with, “Yes… My God… Yes…. I can’t thank you enough… Thank You, Sir!” So then his Dad and his Uncles and I chimed in with laughter for quite a bit and then I said… “Ahhhh Hell… Don’t mention it… Trust me, Josh… You’ll be doing me a favor, now that I know the project is in your capable hands.” And so within the week that followed, he and his crew came by with a big flat bed trailer and towed The Old ‘94 Camaro away.

A bit later on, Josh and I met at the local Florida DMV…and I signed a notarized “GIFT” Bill of Sale...and transferred the title over to this young man. Some time in the next few weeks, he’ll be coming by to pick up the engine with all the old and new OEM Parts and Accessories. In passing, as we finished the day off at the DMV, I said to him, “Godspeed Joshua… Good Luck with your Family and with with your 4th Gen F-Body Camaro Project,… and by the way... here are the Twin 1994 F-Body Carline Series Factory Service Manuals to get you started…. You will definitely be needing them.” We shook hands and as he drove away… I felt very satisfied that all of this activity was finalized and it helped me understand that like Santa Claus... nobody appreciates the Gift... as much as the Giver. ;>)

Last edited:

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Very generous,...God Bless You.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Always nice to help those that appreciate it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online