Passenger side upper control arm frame bolt.

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
This past weekend after replacing the front upper ball joints I came across a bit of an issue. I was pushing in all new grease into all the zurk fitting aswell as checking if any bolts may of come loose over time. When I got to the upper on the passenger side I noticed that the nut welded to the frame was spinning as I cranked on the bolt a bit. At the moment its still pretty lose since I couldn't find an open end to fit, even tried to fit an adjustable wrench in there but the shock spring is very much in the way.

Didn't notice any up and down or left to right play which I hope means I can get the bolt welded back on with no issue.
My question is can I get away with just finding the right open end and just over tighten it and be fine or should I remove the shock assembly and have it welded back on.20190524_205106.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: coolride and mrrsm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would just get what you got welded back on.

Still cant get over those pink parts... :poke:

• Haha
Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can't see why not. The nut is just tack welded for convenience more than anything. I had a LCA bracket to frame nut that spun free and I had to cut it. Replaced with a regular nut that I had to hold with a wrench. Just a PITA to get to, hence why it was welded.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.