Passenger Side Front Door Power Nothing?

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I have a 2002 TrailBlazer 4.2L 4x4 LT. The passenger side front door power window, power lock and power mirror do not work. The power lock button on the door will lock and unlock all the other doors but not its own lock. Seems like them all being on the same door there may be something common? Anyone have an idea where to start looking?

Thanks,
Walt

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If none of your switches worked, it might have been the DDM itself. (The module where the switches live.) But you more likely have a broken power or ground wire in the boot where the wiring harness flexes a lot near the hinges. Pull back the boot and inspect very closely. Remember that wire can flex and break INSIDE the insulation and make it look like it's OK.

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I spent some time over the weekend with the multi-meter. The Service Manual (sticky) posted by Mooseman was one hell of a great resource for getting the correct pins. All of the continuities checked out and the power and grounds were good too. I swopped the DDM and the PDM and the problem stayed with the PDM. So I'm on the hunt for a PDM.

Thanks,
Walt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online