Passenger Door Panel Help

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Ever since having my window actuator replaced by the stealership (I know, I know, but it was under warranty...), I have been having an issue with my passenger door. The handle has been really loose when tugging on it to close the door. I just took off the little control panel and found this...

View attachment 21427

I turned the little bracket back how it was supposed to be.

View attachment 21426

Also, the clip on the top triangular piece is snapped off. I figure I am going to need a whole new door panel but I am terrified at how much that will cost. My truck is still under warranty but I also figure that this will cost less to fix myself than my deductible is.

Does anybody know the part number for the whole door panel? I will probably look at GM Parts Direct unless somebody can point me in a better direction.

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
For something like that I'd check out a junkyard.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
IF it were ME...I would take it back and tell them to fix it after all u didn't do it. They broke it not u

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
jrSS said:
IF it were ME...I would take it back and tell them to fix it after all u didn't do it. They broke it not u

Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since I had it done, and I never noticed it. I never sit on the passenger side and it was only recently brought to my attention. I don't think they would honor a replacement since it has been several months.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
If you really wanna try to save a bunch of loot you could try some plastic epoxy and throw a strip of metal along it with two tiny screws or pop-rivets. A little homebrew fix that might work as long as u keep the goons off the handle and nobody would ever know you did it.

trailblazertx

Jun 17, 2012
This piece broke on my drivers side door and it caused the handle to be really loose. After some research I found that they don't make that bracket piece by itself - you have to replace the entire door panel. If you look around - a ton of those door panels that are available on ebay and at junkyards also have that piece broken.

I used JP Weld Epoxy to put it back together. Haven't had a problem since...

I think there were 3 bolts holding that bracket into the door - just take those off and it makes it much easier to do repairs to that piece.

Like someone else said earlier - it would probably help to reinforce it with a bracket of some kind - but I didn't and it has held up great so far.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher