Passenger door electrical gremlin

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
This has happened before but while shopping on black Friday it really got to me.

Start the voy everything is fine drive around to the front of the house to pick up the wife she opens and as soon as the passenger doors closes the radio shuts down completely. I can't turn it on with the radio power button so I switch the key off and then turn the voy back on. Also her (passenger side)window won't come down until I hit the control on my side and then that side will work properly again.

The voy did this for a good part of the day on Thursday and friday. She drove around yesterday with her mom but no signs of this issue. So far today I haven't had a passenger but when I go out to lunch I'm going to have a look at what may be happening.

If there's anything I should be looking at please let me know.

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
This has happened before but while shopping on black Friday it really got to me.

Start the voy everything is fine drive around to the front of the house to pick up the wife she opens and as soon as the passenger doors closes the radio shuts down completely. I can't turn it on with the radio power button so I switch the key off and then turn the voy back on. Also her (passenger side)window won't come down until I hit the control on my side and then that side will work properly again.

The voy did this for a good part of the day on Thursday and friday. She drove around yesterday with her mom but no signs of this issue. So far today I haven't had a passenger but when I go out to lunch I'm going to have a look at what may be happening.

If there's anything I should be looking at please let me know.
Splice pack?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My 06 needed an update to the PDM as it would sometimes not power up and function at all. Thought the module was forked.

Also try to turn the key to the start position while it's running. That usually resets stuff.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
update to the PDM
I'm guessing only the dealer can do that?

I'm kinda waiting on the New chevy dealership to open up in my neighborhood. They demolished the old location to install a new 3 story state of the art chevy dealership with all there new goodies. So I have to wait till spring/summer of 2017.

Splice pack?

Im going to need a "little"more then that. (No pun intended):crackup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Depending on the year. I think us guys with the Tech 2 can only do up to 07 or 08 with tis2000. Dealer definitely can but check for a tech bulletin first. Mine had one.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm guessing only the dealer can do that?

I'm kinda waiting on the New chevy dealership to open up in my neighborhood. They demolished the old location to install a new 3 story state of the art chevy dealership with all there new goodies. So I have to wait till spring/summer of 2017.

Im going to need a "little"more then that. (No pun intended):crackup:
The ground splice pack under the front piece of the console? Radio gets its ground there as does seemingly everything else. Maybe slamming the door is close enough to jar it?

All I could think is the PDM dropping out could mess up the can bus (I don't remember if you still have the factory radio.) If so the update may fix it. did the radio come back on when the PDM came back on?

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
The ground splice pack under the front piece of the console? Radio gets its ground there as does seemingly everything else. Maybe slamming the door is close enough to jar it?

All I could think is the PDM dropping out could mess up the can bus (I don't remember if you still have the factory radio.) If so the update may fix it. did the radio come back on when the PDM came back on?

Gotcha.(i forgot what that ground connection was called) I'll have to look at that.
No factory head unit I switched mine out many moons ago. Nope the window control didn't automatically start working just the radio I had to press the window down button on my side first before it was working again. It's sort of like I pressed the window control lock button. I

I've got to look into it a little more when I have some time.

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.