parts prices

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I'm having to replace the shift cable on my Trailblazer. Local NAPA store is charging my mechanic $249 for a cable. I balked...asked them to hold off on the repair and found the same cable from Rock Auto for $44 . NAPA was selling the cable made by Pioneer while the one I found was AC Delco, supposedly the OEM replacement. That's a huge price difference...is Pioneer better ($200 better?) Just curious....

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Considering that Rockauto has the pioneer cable for about $81... I'd say NAPA is jacking that price *way* up. If you can wait, it'd save you a bit of $. What end of your cable broke? If it was just the bushing at the transmission end, you can replace that bushing without replacing the whole cable.

Good Luck!

Chris

Reactions: Eric04 and Redbeard

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Considering that Rockauto has the pioneer cable for about $81... I'd say NAPA is jacking that price *way* up. If you can wait, it'd save you a bit of $. What end of your cable broke? If it was just the bushing at the transmission end, you can replace that bushing without replacing the whole cable.

Good Luck!

Chris
I replaced the lower bushing just over a year ago, this time it was the upper one. I didn't look at it but mechanic said he'd recommend doing the whole cable this time and I'm all for it as (hopefully) this will keep it solid for a while. Just curious though,is pioneer better than delco in this case?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I doubt it very much as ACDelco is OEM. But then, your original failed. Given the age now, it will likely last the rest of the life of the truck. I'd just go with the cheapest.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And Amazon. I use RA to find part numbers and search for them in Amazon and eBay.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
And Amazon. I use RA to find part numbers and search for them in Amazon and eBay.

Me too. I won't give RA anymore of my business after the crap they pulled with me and price changes vs in or out of stock...

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Only thing Rock dicked me on so far is shipping. I paid 40 bucks for next day but didn't get it until three days later. I bitched a little and got shipping refunded. Good to have options.

Drec

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Yakima, Washington
I've found that RA is always at least half of what the local parts store wants to sell me the parts for. What is funny is that the local guys might not be able to get it for a few days as well. I've never had any problems with RA on returns either; which have mostly been my fault.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online