Parts manual?

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Someone posted a comprehensive parts manual some years ago, I thought I had downloaded it then but I cannot find it. It covered my 2003 GMC Envoy XL. I also couldn't find it here by searching.

None of the online manuals I have found show what I am looking for.
There are two plastic expansion anchors that hold the plug for the electronic controlled cooling fan into the radiator shroud.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I checked on my Canadian online catalogue and it doesn't show that part separately. Best thing I can suggest is to go to a parts store and look through their rack of these retainers for the one you're looking for or one closest to it. Another option, if you have one nearby, is to scrounge for one at a pick-n-pull yard.

Reactions: Reprise

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Funny you should say that. I went to a pick a part place 2 days ago, found some in great condition and I couldn't get them unsnapped. Total failure. So I was going to see about getting new. I couldn't recognize it on the Help rack.
Maybe I'll call the dealer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you talking about the gray clip here? If so, they are called wire loom routing clips, and can be found lots of places online in an array of sizes. This one has an ID of about 1/2", so as long as you got some that were at least that size, it would work.

20221202_110541.jpg

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Are you talking about the gray clip here? If so, they are called wire loom routing clips, and can be found lots of places online in an array of sizes.
I suppose I've been lucky (as well as not in a rush), but I've managed not to break most of mine (and if they're opened / closed enough, they'll eventually break from stress fatigue, anyway). Tip: Use a flat screwdriver and twist sideways at the notch, to release the latch.

That said, if / when one does break on my vehicles, I'll generally replace with a strategically placed zip tie. Cheap, easy, done... and the only ones who'll know are you and your mechanic. :thumbsup:

(And lest you think I'm the guy who holds his vehicles together with duct tape and bailing wire... I'm actually anal-retentive enough to buy / use various sizes of wire loom (especially for new wire runs!) and the special sticky tape they use on wiring harnesses, so I'm kinda meticulous, too. Just not with those particular clips.) :laugh::twocents:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can't even remember if mine still had them when I pulled it. No matter now since I have a thermal clutch without all those accoutrements.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
No matter now since I have a thermal clutch without all those accoutrements.
Same. Although looking at TJBaker57's pic, it doesn't really look like much of an engineering challenge, IMHO. :lipsrsealed:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could even use zip ties. One through the hole and use just the head on the other side to hold it. Kind of the same principle as the ties used to through radiators to hold electric fans.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online