Parking Lot Present

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Came out of my doctor's appointment to find this gift:
IMG_20200630_120705880.jpg

Looks like it's time to upgrade to turn signal mirrors on both sides!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
That sucks man. Any chance there is a camera outside?

I'm tempted to get 3 more dashcams and mount them on all 4 sides. With our current crop of distracted/non-drivers, it may be worth the small investment.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Whoever did it will have 7 years bad luck.

Are you sure you didn't do this yourself just to have the excuse for the turn signals? :laugh:

You know you can replace just the glass don't ya?

Reactions: xavierny25

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Whoever did it will have 7 years bad luck.

Are you sure you didn't do this yourself just to have the excuse for the turn signals? :laugh:

You know you can replace just the glass don't ya?
Jeez, now you went and done it! Link?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Pretty easy. Just pops out. Move the mirror down and from behind, put a flat blade screwdriver between the mirror and its holder and twist. Or just pull on the top of the mirror and it'll pop out.

This one would work but you could probably find one in a PNP yard.

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
I went cheap and just ordered an entire used mirror assembly from eBay for $25 delivered. I'll follow up when it arrives.

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
As a possible follow up project, does anyone know which pins in the connector are for the turn signal?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
On my '02 TB, I retrofitted the original mirrors and tapped into the harness going into the door modules. Was a PITA to pass the wires through. This one I had found an actual pair with the signals in the PNP yard. I have since fitted the TB and Saab with Silverado extendable towing mirrors with signals which required cutting off Silvy connectors and solder in the TB's.

They're starting to get plentiful in PNP yards now. You could probably find a set.

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
On my '02 TB, I retrofitted the original mirrors and tapped into the harness going into the door modules. Was a PITA to pass the wires through. This one I had found an actual pair with the signals in the PNP yard. I have since fitted the TB and Saab with Silverado extendable towing mirrors with signals which required cutting off Silvy connectors and solder in the TB's.

They're starting to get plentiful in PNP yards now. You could probably find a set.
PnP yards are scarce around here. I'll check around.

• Sad
Reactions: Redbeard

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Well, the deed is done. I ordered a good quality used mirror assembly from eBay for $25 shipped. Arrived today, but one difference: they shipped a brand new mirror! Here she is in all her glory.

F89832C5-DBDA-4643-80F7-E65D6D1F9DDF.jpeg
Now, the rest of the vehicle REALLY looks shabby.

Dadwagon

May 21, 2020
West coast
Don't you feel violated? My wife's VW got the mirror completely smashed off while parked at work. Was stunned the assembly was mostly repairable on an economy car.

You did a good job with the replacement.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.