Parking Lights not turning on?!?!?

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I took out the inner wheel wells weeks ago and I finally got around to getting them back in. Getting them in required that I take the Grille, and Headlight assembly to get the front bumper cover off. Make sense? Days after I got it all back together I noticed that the parking lights arn't comeing on when I turn them on. I checked the bulbs and they seem to be ok. They work when I use my indicatior just dunno why they wont come on when I turn them on. I havn't checked the fuse as I don't know what one.

Thoughts?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Yes when I use my indicator they(Parking Lights) flash like they are suppose to. They wont come one when I turn them on.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Maybe a Video will help this???

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do your parking lights in the rear come on? Have you checked for any blown fuses? (they're listed in your owners manual, and also inside the fuse block cover panels)

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
When I took the Video the taillights were removed. I'm working on the rear bumper so thats why they arn't there. I have no clue what fuse, I checked the rear Fuse box cover and it says 30 for park lt Can't figure out which one though. With the Taillights in that only fixed the hyper flashin. They still wont come on. I'm thinking its the fuse, not the lights for obvious reasons.

What I just read on TV Same issue but even if I move the light dial all the way to the right the parking lights arn't comeing on :hissyfit:

Talking to my dad he suggested that it might be a 2 way bulb?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Still need to know if the parking lights in the rear are working.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Let me grab a Quick video, be up in 15

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A yes/no would be good enough. If they aren't, then I'd suspect your parking light relay has gone bad. Not sure if any of the others in the fuse block are the same, that you could swap with it though.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
The top bulbs light up on the Tail Lights when I turn the parking lights on. This help?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Cable810 said:
The top bulbs light up on the Tail Lights when I turn the parking lights on. This help?

Absolutely. The switch, relay, and bcm control were all ruled out with that one answer. So I would check the F-Park fuse in the rear fuse block next.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
F-Park would be Front Parking Lights Fuse 37?

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
The fuse is still good?? Ya'll sure its not a 2 way bulb?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Did you check the fuse by eye sight, or with a meter/fuse tester? The front parking lights ARE 2 filament bulbs, that's why the turn signals work, while the parking lights don't.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Checked it via Eye Sight. Mayebe the other fillament is bad. I'll take a look

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's not always a reliable way to go. Do you have a meter, or access to one? You're going to need it for troubleshooting purposes. You'll need to check some of the different parking light fuse sockets to see which one(s) is not getting a signal when the lights are on, to better determine where the problem is.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Don't have one/access to one :sadcry: I'll do some askin

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the fillaments were bad. Some new bulbs and I should be good to go. If not I'll let ya know!! Thanks for ya'lls help

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
All 4 front parking bulbs are/were bad?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online