Parking brake cable part number

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Hey. I'm having trouble finding a part. '06 Envoy. I need the parking brake cable that comes from the PB Lever to the other two cables under the truck.

Whenever I have trouble finding a part like this, it's generally because I'm once again doing something stupid and they don't sell the part the way I'm searching for it.

So, I'm assuming there's a replaceable cable that runs from the lever to the plate that connects to the two cables that runs to the wheels? My luck I'll have to buy a new on lever.

The end that connects from the lever to the plate that holds the ends of the two cables that go to the wheels, rusted off.

Does anyone know if just the cable is relaceable and maybe where to find one or the PN?

Rock auto only has the left and right rear cables, same with AZone and the jungle website and eBay. Am I searching for a part that doesn't exist maybe?

Sorry, I don't have the vehicle apart yet. I'm just trying to find the parts so I have it on hand for when I do take things apart because im limited as to when I can work on the truck.

I do know that cable is broken though because underneath the truck I can see that the end fell off and is no longer connected to the plate with the other two cables.

Thank You!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
FWIW... (@ $40.00) ...and in the absence of having any OTHER closer components... In General...GM never wastes time and money re-designing critical hardware once they find a proven method. So even though you may not be able to access another Center E-Brake Cable from other GMT360s... THIS 2013 Corvette E Brake is fairly close in design...including the fact of it having the "Through the Floor Board" Grommet and bolt-on fixation brackets.

At only $40.00... THIS "Thing" might deserve your very careful consideration:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2652476485...=0&customid=link&campid=&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

s-l1600DD.jpgs-l1600CC.jpgs-l1600BB.jpgs-l1600AA.jpg

Reactions: jmonica

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Hey thank you. I scoured the 33 page parts list that's posted on gmtnation and I still cannot find it so you may have just saved my bacon. I definitely think I can make this work. Thanks very much mate!

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had to get one from a pick-a-part for my Saab. Just had to find one that wasn't too rusty.

Original part number was 15897615 and is NLA. And as you found, there are none available new. Your only option is used.

Reactions: jmonica and mrrsm

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Thank You Mooseman. Sorry for my delayed response. Had an adventure with the Envoy yesterday. Some guy was waving his arms and yelling at me. I thought "Uh oh, did I just cut the guy off?" It's not uncommon in NJ for people to flip you off and call you names for the smallest little thing on the road. Anyway, it turns out he was trying to tell me that my car was on fire. hehe The trans. cooler line sprung a leak and the fluid caught fire on the cat. It was strange because I felt the the moment it must have burst, The car kind of stumbled or I felt like a small jerk just for a second. I didn't think it was anything or I was trying to ignore yet another problem, but it just goes to show ya, if you feel something weird, then something is more than likely wrong. Thanks again for the info on the P Brake.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Edit: Cable I found is the right one, but cant post a link to it..

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So this one says for a 2008 Envoy Denali... I cant see why it wouldnt work in other applications..
***Link Removed to prevent confusion***

The caveat is that is does not indicate short or long wheel base.

Last edited:

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
So this one says for a 2008 Envoy Denali... I cant see why it wouldnt work in other applications..

The caveat is that is does not indicate short or long wheel base.
Thanks so much! Just curious, have you actually installed this on your vehicle?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Luckily, I live in Colorado.. So no. :rolleyes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I checked on Dorman's site and they probably have the wrong model in there. They probably meant a Yukon Denali, not an Envoy as all the others they list as compatible as full size trucks and SUVs. I'd contact them to confirm first.

And the full size use a pedal, not a hand crank, for the parking brake so I doubt it would fit.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You, as usual, are correct @Mooseman , just found the same info.. So dont order that one.

Why do I get this strange feeling I am stroking your ego!! LOL :crackup:

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
I checked on Dorman's site and they probably have the wrong model in there. They probably meant a Yukon Denali, not an Envoy as all the others they list as compatible as full size trucks and SUVs. I'd contact them to confirm first.

And the full size use a pedal, not a hand crank, for the parking brake so I doubt it would fit.
Thank You Mooseman. I think I'm going to have to do without a parking brake until I get the transmission lines figured out. I appreciate your help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online