NEED HELP Parasitic drain after LED swap

TheLureWasher

Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
CT
So after the led swap I'm getting a parasitic draw. I'm thinking its at the tail lights. The LEDs I put in are non polarity and can be used in either a standard or CK socket. I assume that's what is killing my battery. Im charging the battery as we speak so I can perform the draw test tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. This is my daily driver but I'm off till Monday.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So the only change is the bulbs in the tails? Or anything else?

Unless your parking lights were left on from testing, or brakes are engaged somehow by mistake, I don't think that's your issue. Bulbs can't turn on open circuits by themselves.

Reactions: Mounce

TheLureWasher

Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
CT
Ive done the all the bulbs in the tail lights, the plate lights, interior lights, vanity lights, and front all around. But the problem started after tail lights and interior.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Yeah, that sounds goofy. How are you measuring this parasitic draw? Have you tested your battery? How old is it?

TheLureWasher

Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
CT
Battery is about 4 years. Date code is 10/13. I plan to do voltage drop test tomorrow. I think I have it narrowed down to interior lights. The only switch to turn on interior lights is the dimmer switch correct?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The only switch to turn on interior lights is the dimmer switch correct?

Door switch as well.

Got to ask, what LED's did you use for the vanity lights? I've looked at mine and it looks like they're a really funky thing that I can't find any reference to.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Door switch as well.

Got to ask, what LED's did you use for the vanity lights? I've looked at mine and it looks like they're a really funky thing that I can't find any reference to.

02 should be just 194 bulbs except for cargo, which is some wonky thing that I custom built a replacement for.
Can chat with you on that later on if you like.

TheLureWasher

Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
CT
Ok so after voltage drop test the only thing there was voltage at was #32 in the rear fuse box. TBC 5. I assume it was something that wasnt asleep yet.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
02 should be just 194 bulbs except for cargo, which is some wonky thing that I custom built a replacement for.
Can chat with you on that later on if you like.

I'm talking about the visor lights. If I get a chance at some stage I'll send you a picture. I think May03 had the same type and figured it out.

The cargo is 211-2, which I've got covered.

ETA: It's a T5 bulb for the visors but they're a ROYAL PITA to do because you have to pull it apart to get at them.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.