42" light bar on top
Cree Fogs
Possibly 33's on 18's and a 4.10 swap

This is the most recent picture I have. More updated ones to come
8y6ygytu.jpg

A little time line of my baby.

The day I brought her home
ena4a7a2.jpg

Got my wheels painted was kinda leaning towards lowering the rig and throwing some rims on it
pagygubu.jpg

Plastidipped the grille and put halos in it
e8yqe8y3.jpg

Then I decided to go the lifted route and I love it.
y6e9ejet.jpg

The mod bug never ends, I hope not atleast

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a shot of the grille with the halos in it? Would like to get a peek at that! :yes:

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Blckshdw said:
Got a shot of the grille with the halos in it? Would like to get a peek at that! :yes:

Actually have the halo's out right now, i ran HID's in them and didnt know about having to kill the DRL's so i have a burnt up ballast. Also i somehow lost the headlight mounting brackets for both lights while putting my HID's in so i had to superglue the bulbs in and theyre all messed up.

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Thank ya thank ya, I'm in the process of a full interior black out. Got the door and kick panels close to done (put them in while still tacky and messed them up a bit gotta hit em with another coat when fully dry). Probably gonna leave the dash alone for the most part. Just gotta do the center console and the back once I figure out how to get all the back plastics off haha.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
PapaBear229 said:
Actually have the halo's out right now, i ran HID's in them and didnt know about having to kill the DRL's so i have a burnt up ballast. Also i somehow lost the headlight mounting brackets for both lights while putting my HID's in so i had to superglue the bulbs in and theyre all messed up.

:bonk: Ohhh, you put the halos in the headlights... I thought you put the halos behind the grille itself, from the way you worded it. :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Very nicely done!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Looking forward to the :pictures:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Me too

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Rustoleum for the red in the vents and door bezels and then black for the body of the door panels, center console, back plastics, kick panels, and glove box

Dupli-color red vinyl paint for the shift boot and console lid and black for the dash and upper parts of the door panels

Plastidip on a few things which will probably be replaced with rustoleum cause it's starting to peel in some places

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I agree, nice pic.

What are you running in your fog lights, 880 red LEDs? Do you use your fogs as DRLs/running lights?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Usually in most states, red (or blue) forward facing lights is a big :nono: unless you're a LEO.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Was that a remote controlled fully adjustable "Go Light" that I spotted atop your rig several pics back? Those are mounted on all the heavy service trucks where Dad works, they're really nice.

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Hopefully me and kev can get my switchback situation sorted out soon. Im ready to have them babies in.
The 6-beam headlight mod is next whenever my bulbs come in, got some of them fake HID bulbs to run in my highs to kinda match the color better.
Also ordered a new headlight switch cause mine is shot, nothing light up and only the fog light button works, i also wanted to be able to cut my headlights off so i got a later model one where i can just turn it to the left and cut them off.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
6-hi is Deff easy mod to do.. well I have 5-hi right now but yeah lol.. for the switchbacks are you just going with the bottom light? Or are you going to do the 194 also?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
PapaBear229 said:
...The 6-beam headlight mod is next whenever my bulbs come in...

If you're just doing the diode mod in the front fuse block, you don't have to wait for the fancy bulbs, it works with boring stock ones all the same. :twocents:

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Midnyteryder02 said:
6-hi is Deff easy mod to do.. well I have 5-hi right now but yeah lol.. for the switchbacks are you just going with the bottom light? Or are you going to do the 194 also?

Just the bottom, I like my red 194's :biggrin:

Blckshdw said:
If you're just doing the diode mod in the front fuse block, you don't have to wait for the fancy bulbs, it works with boring stock ones all the same. :twocents:

I know it works but I just hate the halogen/Hid combo looks weird to me, I may just go ahead and do it since i have the diodes today since its nice outside though

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
They make red-amber switchbacks, I mean if you're gonna go, go all out :biggrin: I thought they used to have red-amber 194 switchbacks, but couldn't find them anymore.

For the 6 beam, you might as well do it now, and get it out of the way. Just cuz you have it, doesn't mean you have to use it before you get your nicer bulbs installed. (although you will be highly tempted to play with your new mod) :cool:

PapaBear229

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Blckshdw said:
They make red-amber switchbacks, I mean if you're gonna go, go all out :biggrin: I thought they used to have red-amber 194 switchbacks, but couldn't find them anymore.

For the 6 beam, you might as well do it now, and get it out of the way. Just cuz you have it, doesn't mean you have to use it before you get your nicer bulbs installed. (although you will be highly tempted to play with your new mod) :cool:

Haha, you guys are killing my pockets :crazy: what all goes into the 194 switchbacks?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The 194s are only white-amber that I know of. And you would have to build a polarity changer to make them work properly with the way our trucks are wired. I posted a schematic and parts list in the LED mod thread. It's relatively cheap if you're willing to hack up your wiring to the corner bulbs, but if you want to use OEM connectors to make it plug and play like I did, your pockets will require a bit of rest afterwards since AC Delco/Delphi connectors ain't cheap :no:.

Edit: Here's the diagram I made for the polarity changer.

194SwitchbackPolarityModule.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Carlton, after I saw your 194 SB setup I did a little research before I saw your diagram I came across this.. same thing as yours, but was lil easier to understand as a noob wen I was researching lol. Maybe BC the actual wires showing or I was just dumb n not seeing it lol

e8ava8yg.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
All good man, as long as the knowledge gets across, and other people's mod bugs get fed :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online