Pannel Air Diverter

kdannyk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Recently I have been having issue's with not getting air through the pannel vents (Face vents). The air will just blow through the defrost and the feet vents. I do notice that when I have the truck in the accessory position I can some time get air through the panel vents but when I start the truck it goes back to the feet and defrost position. not sure if it would be a stuck actuator or a bad one or where and which one would cause the issue. It's 2005 trailblazer v6

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try doing an HVAC reset and relearn by pulling the HVAC-B fuse for 30 seconds and putting it back. Turn the key to RUN and leave it for a couple of minutes while it does its thing.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
:iagree: And if that doesn't work, you'll need to replace the actuator.

allactuators-orig.jpg

kdannyk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I removed the HVAC-B fuse for 1 min and put it back in and turn the key to the on Position. I could hear one of the actuator making a stuck noise. Sounds like I need to replace the Floor/Door Vent Actuator

Reactions: Mooseman

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Just a heads-up. Make sure you remove the plastic cover under the steering wheel (4 bolts) that faces your knees, the steel frame (4 bolts), and most importantly, remove the black air vent that feeds air near your feet. There's a single christmas tree clip holding it to a frame right near the vents at the end. Once you remove that vent it'll be a lot easier.

I couldn't find a single youtube video that showed that process. I hope you have small hands, it'll be a lot faster. I had to use a 1/4 ratchet wrench and 1/4 air ratchet to get that thing out. It took me about an hour.

Also, make sure you buy an acdelco part. You're NOT going to want to do that job twice.

kdannyk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Just a heads-up. Make sure you remove the plastic cover under the steering wheel (4 bolts) that faces your knees, the steel frame (4 bolts), and most importantly, remove the black air vent that feeds air near your feet. There's a single christmas tree clip holding it to a frame right near the vents at the end. Once you remove that vent it'll be a lot easier.

I couldn't find a single youtube video that showed that process. I hope you have small hands, it'll be a lot faster. I had to use a 1/4 ratchet wrench and 1/4 air ratchet to get that thing out. It took me about an hour.

Also, make sure you buy an acdelco part. You're NOT going to want to do that job twice.
Thanks for the info. I tried tonight tto get it but couldn't get the socket in there. The air duck I was able to get loose but couldn't get it out because it wraps around the gas pedal

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Also, you'll need a 5.5mm socket for the actuator bolts.

Reactions: kdannyk

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
@kdannyk Once you pull out that push in clip the air duct just pulls out to the left. It may take a little force but, there are no other snaps that hold the duct in place.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Depending on how handy you are the actuator can probably be repaired. I repaired the three on the drivers side - almost 2 years later the're working fine.

Reactions: Maverick6587

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online