Palmer Performance Engineering (SCANXL Pro)

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I have access to this software and installed it on my laptop with the help of a file... :smile:
I then connected an external Motorola Bluetooth adapter (USB) and paired to me Clone ELM327 device. This device worked great with Torque Pro but would not connect with several other programs namely Car Guage. so basic OBD2 functions was pretty much all I could get out of it.
Now with ScanXL Pro. I was able to read and clear several different modules in the Burb after I properly configured it with my device. I was able to successfully read and clear the error for my AIRBAG system. it also saw it had module for ABS and standard OBD2. I assume it would also read different modules should i be able to load those from Palmer as well.

Short story - I have access to this should someone wish to access it. I just have to find a place to put it.
Let me know

Reactions: Mooseman

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
That's the software I use with my usb module. My Bluetooth gives it too high of a Com port number to work.

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
you should be able to adjust com port in bluetooth settings.. you can assign it to any com port you wish it to use.. google how to but i did and forced to com port 4
Good luck.. PS i have the ability to open that software to all years all vehicles. not just GM specific.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I tried to but it is a Toshiba Bluetooth module and would not let me adjust the Com port, I did end up getting it
tto work with a demo virtual port forwarding app. I have the full software package with all additions unlocked.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The patch program doesn't seem to want to play nice, at least on my Windows 8.1 laptop. It keeps saying the target file isn't accessible, like it's open or something, when it's not. Even on a fresh boot. :no: I'll try on my W10 machine at home to confirm after work.

upload_2015-12-11_9-59-15.png

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
you should not have the scanxl program open at this time .. the last thing you do is open it.

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
AS an update... This software is only going to provide access to following vehicles... Ford (All models/Engines) GM (all Models/Engines) and Mazda (all models/Engines) It does not show support for Dodge or any other manufactures. Sorry Folks but this is how things work. If you own anyone of those three types your in luck.

They will and should read basic information but might not go indepth with advanced diags for other models, it should do all OBD2 standard codes.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe your antivirus is blocking access to it. They often flag these as malware. Just tell it to ignore it or temporarily turn it off. The special program first tries to look for the .exe but then you just point it to the install directory C:\Program Files (x86)\ScanXLPro\ScanXLPro.exe. Do this prior to even trying it.

On my Win7 machine, only way I can kill it is to hit the Windows key and close it from the task bar. I don't get the X button, or any other for that matter, for the window.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I remoted into my Windows 10 home PC and tried it, same thing there. Had my AVG disabled on both machines prior to install and patch attempt. Didn't try running the program at all, the patch just doesn't take. Tried it by pointing it to the file, and also copying it directly to the install directory so it finds it right away. If I had a W7 machine, I'd try it there, maybe it's a Windows version compatibility issue? Who knows. :confused:

@Bill05EnvoySLT and @coolasice , what versions of Windows are you guys running since it works for you?

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I'm on win7 x64 and I will install it on my win10 machine tonight just to make sure.. sounds like a security issue with win8.

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
ok so it worked for ya then.. great. please let me now via pm.. Then please remove the chat from the posts so we can try to keep this thread clean for informative information
Thanks......

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
This is all good information that other may read without you being asked a ton of questions. I deal with this kind of stuff daily at work and if it is available for other it may help.

Dosselhaf

Jul 31, 2019
Plano, TX
ok so it worked for ya then.. great. please let me now via pm.. Then please remove the chat from the posts so we can try to keep this thread clean for informative information
Thanks......

I have the ScanXL Pro software...I've been looking for the enhanced diagnostics for GM...can you help?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online