Painted Interior Bezels

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Is painting the interior bezels of the Trailblazer still a popular thing? I have gotten into hydro dipping and have done a complete set (19 pieces altogether). I have done a set in black carbon fiber, wood grain and a white marble. I am not sure how to/where to sell them at. I would like to do more of these, but I would need to know if the interest is still there. Any suggestions would be great. I am attaching pictures for reference. Thanks.

Angiebezel_final1.jpg bezel_final1.jpg bezel_final1.jpg

snoozer

May 15, 2017
Home
Is painting the interior bezels of the Trailblazer still a popular thing? I have gotten into hydro dipping and have done a complete set (19 pieces altogether). I have done a set in black carbon fiber, wood grain and a white marble. I am not sure how to/where to sell them at. I would like to do more of these, but I would need to know if the interest is still there. Any suggestions would be great. I am attaching pictures for reference. Thanks.

AngieView attachment 81947 View attachment 81948 View attachment 81949
Really like the top one, but how hard is it to change these parts out & about how much money are we talking?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those look great. I know there used to be a lot of talk about painting vs vinyl overlays, mainly due to cost. We did talk about hydro dipping briefly, can't remember if anyone had tried it or not.

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Those look great. I know there used to be a lot of talk about painting vs vinyl overlays, mainly due to cost. We did talk about hydro dipping briefly, can't remember if anyone had tried it or not.

Thanks for the info. I did my interior bezels in a white marble, and it came out great. It definitely gives the interior a better look. I hope others will agree.

Really like the top one, but how hard is it to change these parts out & about how much money are we talking?
Taking off the old bezels and putting on the new ones is a pretty simple process. The suggested price is $500 OBO with shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
I really like the wood grain look. Do you supply the bezels done or does someone have to ship you theirs ?

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
WOW! The hydropderping looks really cool. I wish I still had my truck to swap these out. I had the carbon that came with it, but it was like "fake" carbon fiber. This stuff looks great.

Do you have a picture of your hydrodipping rig? I am in the midst of converting an old refrigerator into one. That looks so difficult to do all of those pieces, do you do it all in one dip or a new dip for each piece? That's some talent right there.

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
WOW! The hydropderping looks really cool. I wish I still had my truck to swap these out. I had the carbon that came with it, but it was like "fake" carbon fiber. This stuff looks great.

Do you have a picture of your hydrodipping rig? I am in the midst of converting an old refrigerator into one. That looks so difficult to do all of those pieces, do you do it all in one dip or a new dip for each piece? That's some talent right there.
Thank you. I don't have a picture of what I use, but for smaller pieces I use a square tub, and I bought a bigger one off of Amazon for the bigger pieces. I would like to one day have a professional dipping tank, but I can't get there if I can't sell what I have already done.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Thank you. I don't have a picture of what I use, but for smaller pieces I use a square tub, and I bought a bigger one off of Amazon for the bigger pieces. I would like to one day have a professional dipping tank, but I can't get there if I can't sell what I have already done.

I know exactly what you mean. My brother started small with a kitchen oven doing powder coating when he started 3yrs ago. Fast forward to now and he has 3 ovens a huge sand blast cabinet aswell as a acid bath in 3 car garage. He's dedicated alot of time and money but it's paid off and he quit his day job about 1yr ago. He's also ranked as one of the best in Staten island NY. Keep at it and I'm sure you can make it.

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I know exactly what you mean. My brother started small with a kitchen oven doing powder coating when he started 3yrs ago. Fast forward to now and he has 3 ovens a huge sand blast cabinet aswell as a acid bath in 3 car garage. He's dedicated alot of time and money but it's paid off and he quit his day job about 1yr ago. He's also ranked as one of the best in Staten island NY. Keep at it and I'm sure you can make it.
That's awesome to hear that about your brother. I thought about doing powder coating as well. Incorporating the two would make for an awesome business venture. Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it :smile:.

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Most hydrodipping stuff is more profitable in the gun crowd though. Everyone loves getting their slides done in skulls. We all start somewhere though, even when I was doing tunes, sometimes I had to take a hit and do some for $200 to get my name out there.

Reactions: xavierny25

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Most hydrodipping stuff is more profitable in the gun crowd though. Everyone loves getting their slides done in skulls. We all start somewhere though, even when I was doing tunes, sometimes I had to take a hit and do some for $200 to get my name out there.
That's more or less what I was thinking. I am willing to take a hit and eat the cost in order to get my name out there. Are you still doing tunes?

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Always doing tunes. Only local to Boston though, but you are right, just to get the name out its worth a lot. Or, when they have wheelbarrel days at junkyards and its $50 all you can carry and you can make out like a bandit.

Angie MarCo

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Always doing tunes. Only local to Boston though, but you are right, just to get the name out its worth a lot. Or, when they have wheelbarrel days at junkyards and its $50 all you can carry and you can make out like a bandit.
I am fortunate to have access to the parts since there are a lot of junkyards in Maryland. I have had some success with selling regular car parts, but figured I could do more with customized ones.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175