Painted "D" Pillars

Vicompc

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Has anyone painted their "D" pillars? I'm trying to decide if it would look good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have seen it and it looks pretty good. I went the other way and blacked out the b and c pillars...

procomp5.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
High Voltage actually wrapped them in Vinyl for me. I was not sure when I had the idea, so it was easy to remove, but I like it.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I like them being blacked out, flows with the windows better.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
I love the blacked out pillars. I kinda wish my truck was a lighter color just so I could do it

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
TXBlazer said:
Ask and Ye shall receive...Painted D Pillars!!!!
DSC_1925.jpg

DSC_1926.jpg

DSC_1927.jpg

DSC_3310.jpg

Nice Chris. I'm looking to paint my D pillars and wrap my C pillars in black vinyl.

Vicompc

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Those look really good, did you paint them or have them done? If you have the done professionally what was the cost if you don't mind me asking.

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Here's what mine look like...

IMG_1714.jpg

:raspberry:

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Vicompc said:
Those look really good, did you paint them or have them done? If you have the done professionally what was the cost if you don't mind me asking.

Had them shot at a local body shop.....I had the Front Fascia, both mirrors (complete mirrors, not just the covers) and the D pillars done, all for $300. I could have shot them myself, but I have too many irons in the fire. The paint is a dead on match, so I'll stick with letting them do my body color paint work.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TXBlazer said:
Had them shot at a local body shop.....I had the Front Fascia, both mirrors (complete mirrors, not just the covers) and the D pillars done, all for $300. I could have shot them myself, but I have too many irons in the fire. The paint is a dead on match, so I'll stick with letting them do my body color paint work.

I still :salivate: every time I see the mirrors on your truck.

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Blckshdw said:
I still :salivate: every time I see the mirrors on your truck.

Thanks.....Lot's of sanding involved, but well worth the effort and time put into smoothing them out, especially when I see them everyday, all shiny and clean!!!:biggrin:
I'm working on a pair for TX Big G's truck , so they will be his n hers...LOL

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
groundshock said:
Where did you get the gas door?

I will have to go and look, but I believe if you google, Trailblazer Billet Gas door, you should get a few hits.......Mine were both polished Billet when I got them, and I roughed them up and sprayed Matte Black on one and the other was painted Gloss black and Clearcoated.

Joe D 04

Dec 5, 2011
TXBlazer said:
Ask and Ye shall receive...Painted D Pillars!!!!
DSC_1925.jpg

DSC_1926.jpg

DSC_1927.jpg

DSC_3310.jpg

I like how your rims change in the pictures. If my trailblazer wasn't white, I would paint the pillars and mirrors.

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
ok so this might be the dumbest question that you have heard but what the heck is a "D" Pillar???? Can some one show me with a photo or a very good description because im lost with this fascinating "D" Pillar.

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Joe D 04 said:
I like how your rims change in the pictures. If my trailblazer wasn't white, I would paint the pillars and mirrors.

If you look closely the House changes too.....I took those almost a year apart.

bigytwotone said:
ok so this might be the dumbest question that you have heard but what the heck is a "D" Pillar???? Can some one show me with a photo or a very good description because im lost with this fascinating "D" Pillar.

A pillar....Between windshield and front door
B Pillar....Between front and rear door
C pillar....Between rear door and side cargo window
D Pillar....Between side cargo door and rear hatch window

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I had the black plastic on my pillars but I pulled them off to color match mine! I like the color matched pillars :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.