Paint Defects?

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
At the end of last year I bought a new 2012 Silverado to replace the TrailBlazer. Recently I've noticed the paint is chipping real easily, but its not near the wheel wells or someplace you would expect excess road debris to find its way. For the most part it up higher on the vehicle from the door handles up. There are also sever spots that are almost like bubbles or dirt under the paint. I never had problems like this on the TB and I had it for about six years. I took it to the dealer and they basically said there was nothing they could do. Does this look normal to anyone here? Any suggestions?

View attachment 27138

View attachment 27139

Attachments

• WP_20130330_001.jpg
    WP_20130330_001.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20130330_002.jpg
    WP_20130330_002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 19

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
kind of hard to see exactly what is up.

my upper body chips are from the bozo who cuts the lawn next door, yard is up a hill a little. I finally got him ( commercial lawn service type) to go around the other way and throw grass and rocks on the house, not my driveway.

:mad:

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
meerschm said:
kind of hard to see exactly what is up.

my upper body chips are from the bozo who cuts the lawn next door, yard is up a hill a little. I finally got him ( commercial lawn service type) to go around the other way and throw grass and rocks on the house, not my driveway.

:mad:

It was hard to get the camera to focus on it. I'll try again later in different light.
Mine is garage kept, I don't travel any gravel or dirt roads and have a relatively large end spot at work.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
The second photo kind of looks like something got caught under the paint job. Maybe not prepped properly at the factory before they painted it?

Would that stuff not be covered under warranty? Defective paint job warranty?

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
When you take a picture make sure the camera is level and not cockeyed because with no frame of reference it's disorienting when you don't. Also, put your index finger onto the paint and your camera will be able to auto focus on your finger which is at the same focal distance as the paint.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online