p1514 airflow to TP sensor correlation high

jpimp

Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Envoy left me stuck at work last night.
brought a scanner today and pulled code p1514 airflow to TP sensor correlation high.

it idles like crap for 5 seconds with the rep light and SES light on then shuts it self off.

is it a throttle body?
I had it out to clean it last month...it was dirty as hell.

i inspected the wires at the TB and the APP and they seem OK. i pulled what i think might be the fan clutch wire and tried it again with no success.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

Reactions: Ric_Whit

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
P1514 says the engine vacuum read buy the MAP sensor does not agree with the TB opening position (calculation used to estimate MAP) by more than 30 Kpa (about a 30% error difference). Since the TB position and voltage sensor tests have run successfully, the PCM thinks the TB plate is mechanically stuck open W/O the sensor indicating such (broken). If the TB blade is working correctly I would take a look at the MAP and wiring, or look for a major air leak in the air intake that would cause loss of vacuum. This is a tough one to start shotgunning w/o a scanner that can give you the actual MAP Kpa readings and the TB position after it starts. MAP should around the high 20's to low 30's Kpa. And TBS position around 15-17% open depending on desired idle speed (coolant temp) . The P1514 should not kill the engine so whatever is wrong is preventing it from running. Remote possibility could be a mechanical valve train failure causing the low vacuum, but that would be last thing to look at...

Here some info.. when the say mass airflow or engine airflow they are talking vacuum (low vac = high air flow/ hi vac = low air flow) there is no air flow sensor in the '02's (speed density fueling) . http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/63p23-does-code-p1514-throttle-body-performance-mean.html

jpimp

Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Thanks again bobdec, it ended up being a bad map sensor

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online