p1345 help

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
What have you done? We don't know how to help you without more information...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
How old is your oil? How long have you been having the code? How many miles total? Have you searched and read everything here and at trailvoy (where we used to all hang out) referencing "P1345"?

The CPAS is the next most logical thing, followed by a visit to an independent mechanic with a GM Tech II tool (or equivalent from Snap-on or the like) that can command the CPAS to different angles and see if you have a broken/jammed camshaft phaser.

Think of the forums as a committee of free diagnosticians, except we can't examine the truck in person. You have to tell us EVERYTHING you can in the first post so we don't have to play 20 questions and delay helping you.

Mr_LG219

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
sorry first time on a Forum,just bought the car from a used car lot ,it has 130,000 mi on it, i haven't had a oil change yet plan on doing that today.
I also changed the harmonic balancer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mr_LG219 said:
sorry first time on a Forum,just bought the car from a used car lot ,it has 130,000 mi on it, i haven't had a oil change yet plan on doing that today.
I also changed the harmonic balancer.
what is the condition of the oil? I would recommend doing a thorough engine flush and oil change before anything else at this point...

Mr_LG219

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
djthumper said:
what is the condition of the oil? I would recommend doing a thorough engine flush and oil change before anything else at this point...

Ok thanks I will do that today and let you know what happens

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Even used car lots have a warranty that the engine light won't come on after they reset it to sell the vehicle? Don't they?

The problem could be a very expensive cam phaser issue, unless you got it real cheap and agreed to accept the known problems.

Mr_LG219

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
the roadie said:
Even used car lots have a warranty that the engine light won't come on after they reset it to sell the vehicle? Don't they?

The problem could be a very expensive cam phaser issue, unless you got it real cheap and agreed to accept the known problems.

When i bought the car there was no light on for 2 days then the light came on .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online