NEED HELP P1271 p1484 reduced engine power and ses

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Hi. I have a random (not all the time ) dtc p1484 and or p1271 and when its set while driving the engine performance reduced .loss of power
If I erased the error while driving itsback to normal. P1271 set more times while accelerating but when using the cruise control its not set

Any help deeply appreciated

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Chances are it's a damaged fan clutch harness--usually near the connector on the fan shroud. I would start there looking for evidence of frayed, broken or chafing wires.

It's a known problem and unfortunately the PCM uses the same circuit to monitor the engine fan speed as it does the accelerator position sensor. So a short in the clutch wiring may make the PCM think there's a problem with the accelerator and throw you into REP mode for safety.

Reactions: yazan

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Thanks very much I will check that wires. But why nothing happend while using the cruise control. Not dtc no reduce engine..

And the p1484 related also to the fan wires?

Thanks.. Deeply appreciated

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Oh sorry. I forget to tell about ABS dash warning. .some times its on. And sometimes off. Also some times tbere is amessege in the dtc abou brakes mustbe fixed.
Is there any relation between the three 1271 1484 abs ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just to add, it may not be a wiring issue but a failure of the fan clutch screwing up the 5V reference voltage. Start by unplugging the fan and see if the error goes away. Keep an eye on your engine temps but should not be an issue in cold weather. If the problem goes away, the fan clutch needs to be replaced. This has been reported in the past.

There is no correlation between those codes/problems with the ABS. You would need a higher end code reader or a Bluetooth OBD interface and the Car Gauge Pro app (Android) to be able to get the code for the ABS.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Either way, your fan is toast because of the P1484.

P1271
Possible causes:
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position (APP)
- Accelerator Pedal Position harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: https://www.engine-codes.com/p1271_chevrolet.html

Now that we've eliminated the fan clutch as a possible source, it would look like the pedal sensor is faulty unless the wiring is damaged. I would just replace the sensor.

For the fan clutch, stay away from Dorman as they are known to fail prematurely. Hayden has the best price/quality ratio.

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Either way, your fan is toast because of the P1484.

Now that we've eliminated the fan clutch as a possible source, it would look like the pedal sensor is faulty unless the wiring is damaged. I would just replace the sensor.

For the fan clutch, stay away from Dorman as they are known to fail prematurely. Hayden has the best price/quality ratio.
man you are very nice , thanks allot , really appreciating that info , actually the fan clutch is stuck fully engaged all the time unless when i disconnect the harness

so iam planning to replace it , i will take that Hayden brand advice .

for the ABS issue ,( thanks for the advice about the app , i installed the CGP app and i get c0227 c0225 c0226
i think wheel hub sensor

thanks very much

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, everything seems to point to a bad left front sensor or the wiring.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online