NEED HELP P10 pcm using turbo with internal wastegate. Or what ema or efi system

02trailblazin

Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Florida
With having the 02 4200 i6 the 1st yrar of gmt360 they ran qith a spwed density fuel system and a p10 pcm im moxking up the exhaust turbo manifold to fit on a 6.6 duramax turbo from a 02 and its got the internal manual wastegate and bov in exhaust i was wondering if i have to upgrade the map sensor to a 2 bar or 3 bar map and install 80lb injectors i have hp tuners now. Im gonna run wat meth inj for cooling to keep the sleep look ive match ported n polished the exhaust ports if i have to use the p12 pcm from the 05 an newer tb i have 1 but how do the connectors get pinned out from thw 02 to 06 trail blazers or should efi holly dominator be worth it If i can use a p10 and run this turbo charger itll be like the old days like the 231 turbocharged carbrators woudl the pcm go into reduce power from thw turbos intake flowing the forced aor thw the tb to the intake manifold will the 1 bar map freak out and go in reducw power the pcm will have no connection to the turbo only thing it may sense is the air is being forced into the intake manifold

Attachments

• 20200102_163843.jpg
    20200102_163843.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200102-164743.png
    Screenshot_20200102-164743.png
    898.4 KB · Views: 2

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Please do not cross post the same thing to other threads. Keep the discussion on this topic in this same thread.

And not to be a grammar nazi, it is really hard to read your post with the spelling mistakes and lack of punctuation.

Hopefully somebody will be able to help. We don't have that many experienced members here that have done a turbo mod, except for @limequat

Reactions: Beacon

02trailblazin

Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Florida
Please do not cross post the same thing to other threads. Keep the discussion on this topic in this same thread.

And not to be a grammar nazi, it is really hard to read your post with the spelling mistakes and lack of punctuation.

Hopefully somebody will be able to help. We don't have that many experienced members here that have done a turbo mod, except for @limequat
I didnt realize ive posted in another thread so how can ww get limequat in on this thread and any other member who knows anything about boostin carb applications its pretty much same set up accept im not sure about the 1 bar map and p10 pcm tables on hp tuners i have a p12 pcm and connectors to install if i absolutely have to run the turbo but the pcm will not know there is a turbo because it wont be sending any boost or vacuum signals to the pcm i hoping to be able to force the air threw the motor and turn the boost up via Manuel waste gate wil the 1 bar map read the forced induction of boost amd vacuum?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He should drop by. Using the @ in front of his user name sends a notification he was mentioned.

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
There is only one person who I know of who successfully boosted a P10. His name is Jeff Weiser and he was featured in Car Craft. His tune was done by Mark Romans. It used the stock MAP sensor and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. The tune file is available for free download on lime-swap.com.
Both Jeff and Mark were less than happy with the results and decided to switch to a P12. That is also my recommendation.
To switch to P12, you'll need a matching engine harness and you'll need to splice a different connector on the body harness. You'd probably be further ahead to sell the 02 and buy an 06 TB.

Reactions: Beacon and Mooseman

02trailblazin

Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Florida
@limequat cant i just force the air into the engine and keep the p10 pcm from knowing its been turbo charged and then tune it by the ve 0ffset tables because thats from what ive read were there gettin power is fuel forced air and the fact of a article i read that the man with the plan behind this build used a 4.0 crank from the 6.0 ls and the same size piston as a 350. And thats why they went with speed density fuel delivery and all the benefits from efi just never told anyone the formula to get it to reach maximum potential with stock parts internally and a bolt on turbo. Setup and now the real science comes into play having to get the efi tune right by using a tuner from hp tuners or jet or any of the other 1s out there

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
I won't address the hard parts, as there are others that know much more
Why can't you turbocharge with a P10? Yes the P10 is speed density, and yes the VE is adjustable. However, boost will max out the VE tables past 100% At that point, any further boost is not detected and the engine will run lean. This is a very dangerous condition that can lead to detonation, melted pistons, and bent rods.
There are workarounds like using a 2 bar map or a rising rate regulator. Both come with their own drawbacks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online