NEED HELP P0976

Backwoods16

Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Throwing codes 0700 and 0976, appears to be a faulty solenoid. I dropped my pan to change my filter yesterday for 200k service and must of jarred something loose or damaged the solenoid. I already drove to and from work today (75 miles) - should I have my truck towed to the dealer or can I drive it there? Don't want to do any further damage, any experience with this code? 07 Envoy, 5.3. I took a quick look and didn't notice any loose connections anywhere but not really sure what to be looking for. Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sounds like you disturbed a wire or a connector inside the transmission during the fluid change. I don't think you'll damage anything, it just won't shift properly and your engine might over rev. The torque converter clutch might also not engage which is not dangerous, just uses more gas.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Sounds like you disturbed a wire or a connector inside the transmission during the fluid change. I don't think you'll damage anything, it just won't shift properly and your engine might over rev. The torque converter clutch might also not engage which is not dangerous, just uses more gas.

I may not have same codes but I have a P0174 and I believe this is what's causing my P0420.

Backwoods16

Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks, taking it to the dealer in the am. Hoping its just a loose connection from the filter change.

Backwoods16

Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Ended up having 2 solenoids replaced, both were shot. Was told the filter swap was unrelated, crazy timing though.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online