P0641 p2138 p2135 on new throttle body

2005tbext

Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Happy new year everyone. I have an oddity that happened last night. I was taking the wife out for the evening. We were cruising at about 50 to 60 cruise control on. Suddenly the vehicle went into limp mode. I was able to pull 3 codes while i waited for the tow truck P0641 p2138 p2135 (throttlebody replaced 5 months ago with new gm unit) Got home went to bed, got up this morning put two quarts of atf in it (noticed it was low while waiting for the tow). Started it up and no lights. No new codes. Test drive had no issues. Im due in a couple weeks to make a trip for work, about 4 hours 1 way. I dont really want to be on the side of the road. On a side note i did hit some water yesterday about an hour prior to this issue. Its a 2005 tb ext inline 6. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Moved and title changed for better responses.

The first code probably triggered the other two as a fail safe and put it into reduced engine power.

Water could have affected the circuit if it hit hard either on the PCM or the throttle body. I'd take connectors on both apart and clean them out and check that the seals are good. I'd also put dielectric grease on them. Also inspect wiring for a broken wire or loose connector.

Carry a code reader with you so you can clear the codes if needed. I once had the REP come on. Shut it off, restarted it and it went away. Codes stayed and once cleared, they never came back. Like you, it was a ghost.

2005tbext

Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Had a buddy come over with his "arsenal computer" he pulled all the codes but found nothing for today. The other codes all went away. He had the same thought that it was probably a wet connection. I may replace the fan clutch in the near future because it is factory and has made noise in the past. Other than that just ghosts. Thanks for the rapid reply.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
A faulty fan clutch can fling you into REP mode. When mine flaked out it threw a bogus code for the APP sensor(sneaky bugger) and set REP. All codes disappeared upon restart and I had one more instance of REP a few months later as I was procrastinating on replacing the clutch. This was years ago now and nothing since replacement. They can be basically inoperable and not cause you much trouble for awhile but eventually the electrical starts to degrade and the corresponding short travels through the 5V reference system.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online