P0411 P2432 codes

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have advice with a persistant P0411 fault code? I have replaced the control valve (to throttle body), the pump, and relay. Everything worked well for 2 weeks, then it through the code again yesterday and today, even with a warm engine..When going down hill, coasting, engine seems to rev kind of loud, yet the rpm tach shows it's in the normal range. Don't know what to replace or fix next? Ideas?? I also am getting a P2432 code pop up now and then. I checked all the fuses, they were fine. I removed all the hoses, and no blockages, or any water in them. Thanks for any and all help. Hate to go to the dealer...

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Welcome!

P01411 is incorrect flow detected on the SAIS system. Usually a failure drops a 410 and not a 411 code, but it's very possible such a code could crop up.

There is no valve that goes to the throttle body that I'm aware of. There is a valve right above the exhaust manifold, that has a hose running to it from the pump and stuff down below. Is this the valve you meant? Depending on what brand you used, that valve may be hanging open and diverting exhaust gases back through the system.

However, P2432 is a fault in the SAIS sensor circuitry. This could actually be also causing the P0411, maybe or maybe not. Check out this link: P2432 Secondary Air Injection. - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

Technically that's for the I5 found in Canyons and Colorados but it's pretty much the same thing. This details removal and installation of the AIR pump, guy also mentions to check all wiring for continuity and look into possibly replacing the sensor. One guy posits that the sensor is in the check valve. Again, what brand of check valve was used as a replacement? Cheap Chinese doesn't seem to do very well on this platform in general.

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
yes, it's the valve above the exhaust, not throttle body. Tried everything that I could think of replacing. I was told the P2432 means the valve is stuck open? would that cause my loud engine noise especially on deceleration? If the valve is new, where would you check next, to make sure power is going to the valve to open and close it? The dealer told me to check the fuse. How do I go about checking all the wiring??

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
kenzoil said:
yes, it's the valve above the exhaust, not throttle body. Tried everything that I could think of replacing. I was told the P2432 means the valve is stuck open? would that cause my loud engine noise especially on deceleration? If the valve is new, where would you check next, to make sure power is going to the valve to open and close it? The dealer told me to check the fuse. How do I go about checking all the wiring??

Maybe I was wrong in presuming that the valve design is to sit closed until powered to open up. A thorough visual inspection of the wiring could help out. To check continuity, you'll need a multimeter (do you have one?). It could cause backfiring in the exhaust system, and maybe a loud noise.

Is the replacement valve a Genuine GM/AC Delco part?

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
does anyone know, if the air check valve is opened on initial cold start up, or closed on start up? I would assume it is opened on start up, to allow air to flow from pump through to cat converter. If my system is giving codes like P0411, and P2432 (valve stuck open), then I assume it is allowing air to continue to flow, which would make for a louder exhaust sound? I would think if I pulled the electric connection out from where it attaches to the valve, that this should close the valve? I tried this, and it didn't make any difference. Still a loud engine, and still giving the same codes??

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
I think that we all are assuming that this is 4.2 I6 Trailblazer.
If you fill out your profile we will know.
I thought that the valve mounted on the head.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Texan said:
I think that we all are assuming that this is 4.2 I6 Trailblazer.
If you fill out your profile we will know.
I thought that the valve mounted on the head.

It does indeed but it pushes air through the runner to go down into the exhaust and help emissions somehow. Dilution is the solution? :rotfl:

I know I can hear mine when it's going, it makes like a hiss and after some time (it was under a minute for sure) I could hear the hissing subside, it slowly faded but had like some "hiccups" where it had a split second of being noisy again, and then cut off completely. I suspect this was the SAIS in operation or attempted operation on my vehicle (I have a p0410 code) as this noise was coming directly from that valve.

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Well, I thought I fixed everything related to secondary air pump issue. Ran fine with no lights or codes for 2 months. Now it started again. Had engine light emissions go off, same time lost my tach, and cruise control. I pulled over , restarted motor, and my tach and cruise came back. I disconnected battery, and dash light went out. That lasted for one day. Next day on cold start, I got dash light, and after turning off warm engine, I was hearing a fan blowing noise coming from the air filter box. This lasted for about 3-4 minutes before finally turning off. This has now happened continuously each day. I have replaced the air pump, air check valve, air pump relay (attached to the frame). I also had to resolder a broken wire on the harness, attached to the frame. Any one have ideas what is causing this now? Is there another relay in the engine compartment fuse box, that is now frozen? If so, can someone tell me the socket number to pull and replace in that box? I do not have my code reader available to check codes where I am. thanks to all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher