P0410 and P0054 codes

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
The new site looks great. Nice work.

I am having issues with a repeating code. I replaced O2 sensors and my thermostat. I am now getting P0410 and P0054 codes. I had it tested at Autozone. They gave me me a couple of causes, but no real solid way to test or narrow it down. They said it could range from a fuse issue to the air check valve.

How can I narrow it down?

Thanks for any feed back.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
P0410 means the SAIS fails a diagnostic. Do you hear a shop vac kind of noise from underneath the vehicle under the driver's seat on a cold start, for 30 seconds max?

Do you own a voltmeter and have some electrical troubleshooting experience and want to troubleshoot it yourself with our help?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
What brand of O2 sensor did you put in? It seems that our trucks don't like anything but the AC Delco ones.

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Yes, I would like to troubleshot it myself with your help. I can get a voltmeter. Yes, I believe it does sound like a shop vac when it starts. I am also getting a chipring sound from a belt( I believe), and heavy exhaust smells.

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
AC Delco, same with the thermostat. I wish I took notes or video taped changing my thermostat. So people could see how NOT to do it... Knuckle buster :hissyfit:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Before getting out the meter, hearing the shop vac noise is an excellent first step and eliminates three of the six things it could be. Go look at the exhaust manifold and see if you spot the solenoid valve with a hose snaking up to it past the transmission. Pull that hose off the solenoid valve, and listen closely to it during the next cold start. The hose from the pump should blow air - the solenoid valve should allow exhaust noises to escape. Many folks just have a gummed up solenoid valve that cleaning or replacement can cure.

sais.jpg

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for the diagram. I viewed an email of your post on my phone, while in the garage, and had no clue on where/what I was going to need to look for. Came in and looked at the post and TA DA! Pulling it into the garage shortly.

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Ok, wifes car has an issue that put off me getting the truck in. I will get it in tomorrow and get the results posted.

zamimj222

Dec 22, 2011
Illinois
the roadie said:
P0410 means the SAIS fails a diagnostic. Do you hear a shop vac kind of noise from underneath the vehicle under the driver's seat on a cold start, for 30 seconds max?

Do you own a voltmeter and have some electrical troubleshooting experience and want to troubleshoot it yourself with our help?

Roadie,
I don't have codes yet but do have a shop vac noise underneath for about 30 seconds on cold starts.... am I on the right track?

zamimj222

Dec 22, 2011
Illinois
Ace1875 said:
IMHO i think you should clean out your SAIS before u get a code and a headache.

Sorry didn't get a chance to look at it, been too busy running after my 2 year old. Now I have the fatal P0410 code and the check engine light... Will be pulling it into the garage when I can get it emptied back out....
Thank you!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher