P0335 07 Tahoe 5.3

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
07 Tahoe 5.3l auto 99k

My wife was driving home and it started bucking. It displayed the service stableliltrak, service traction control and the service engine soon light came on. I pulled P0335 Crankshaft position sensor circuit malfunction. I reset the code and it hasn't come back this week.

Should I order the sensor and just replace it or just wait until it comes back?

$31.34 delivered from Rock

Thanks,
Walt

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd check the wiring and grounds. For those to go out like that, which are not related to each other, is strange. I don't know about full size, but on the 360's, the ignition switch could cause something like that and is a known failure prone part.

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
It came back after a week. I looked around with the multimeter, nothing seemed off. The crank position sensor is up above the starter so I figured if I was going to get in that far I might as well replace it. 13mm socket on a 12inch extension for the starter bolts and a 10mm socket on the extension from the wheel well for the sensor made the job simple.

Walt

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
It came back after a week. I looked around with the multimeter, nothing seemed off. The crank position sensor is up above the starter so I figured if I was going to get in that far I might as well replace it. 13mm socket on a 12inch extension for the starter bolts and a 10mm socket on the extension from the wheel well for the sensor made the job simple.

Walt
I would too for good measure. The sensor maybe sticking.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just hope you don't have to get a CASE relearn as that's what usually happens when you disturb that sensor.

eightshot627

Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I pulled the battery cable off before I started. I left it off for an hour. It has been a week. So far so good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.