P0301 p0014, 04 envoy 215k miles HELP

Stone

Original poster
Sep 4, 2018
Tn
Some background, on my way home to tn from Ohio my tranny went out, no major issues. I had a junkyard tranny put in, temporarily, I'm going to put in a built 4l65. When I got it back it had these two codes, I replaced the coil and plug in cyl 1, the other 5 need to be done too, and I replaced the vvt solenoid. Once it went through the drive cycle these two codes popped back up. Is there something I should look at aside from the cam position sensor? I just ordered one

Stone

Original poster
Sep 4, 2018
Tn
I also want to note that the engine hasnt bugged down to a stall since I replaced the solenoid

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Did you replace the VVT Solenoid with an AC Delco or Delphi solenoid?

I would change your oil as well. As that code usually occurs from the VVT Solenoid being clogged with sludge or the metal screens that come off. You may want to pull the VVT Solenoid out again, just to verify that the screen is not plugged with any debris, since it's just the one bolt. I'm not sure if you'll be able to pull it out far enough, without also unbolting the power steering pump.

Did you notice any oil sitting in the plug of the VVT Solenoid when you replaced it.
Do you have access to any bi-directional scan tools? You may want to test and make sure that the computer is communicating correctly with the VVT Solenoid and the Cam Sensor. The Cam Sensor has a 5 volt reference voltage. I would at least check for that if you do not have a scanner of capacity.

I actually have the same problem as you do right now. I think mine is related to my harmonic balancer wobbling. I'm going to replace the harmonic balancer this weekend and then go after the P0014.

Stone

Original poster
Sep 4, 2018
Tn

I would change your oil as well. As that code usually occurs from the VVT Solenoid being clogged with sludge or the metal screens that come off. You may want to pull the VVT Solenoid out again, just to verify that the screen is not plugged with any debris, since it's just the one bolt. I'm not sure if you'll be able to pull it out far enough, without also unbolting the power steering pump.

Did you notice any oil sitting in the plug of the VVT Solenoid when you replaced it.
Do you have access to any bi-directional scan tools? You may want to test and make sure that the computer is communicating correctly with the VVT Solenoid and the Cam Sensor. The Cam Sensor has a 5 volt reference voltage. I would at least check for that if you do not have a scanner of capacity.

I actually have the same problem as you do right now. I think mine is related to my harmonic balancer wobbling. I'm going to replace the harmonic balancer this weekend and then go after the P0014.
Its acdelco, the old solenoid was sludged up. It's due for an oil change and I had an appointment the day after the tranny went out. I've got a buddy with some super expensive scanner so I'll see if that works. I'll check the cam sensor, I plan on replacing it anyway. I'm also going to check the cat, I've heard that will cause some weird issues, I appreciate the advice

Reactions: Maverick6587

Stone

Original poster
Sep 4, 2018
Tn

Thought I'd update, replaced the cam sensor, got an oil change, flushed the solenoid with clean oil and it's going like a champ. Just need to replace the clogged cat

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online