@?$#& !!!! P0300

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
Well after putting in new plugs everything seemed okay , I felt a miss here and there’re but nothing constant

We hadn’t one day at 4* when I left for work and all was good , cold all week. Then Friday it was around 40* and I started feeling more misfires , no light again. Didn’t use the truck all weekend and now it’s monday 5pm and sitting with the car idling and the misfires are worse , finally threw a coded. P0300 I’m at a loss here

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You may just need a couple more drive cycles for the PCM to figure out which cylinder is the problem.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Agreed, or if you have a scanner capable of showing misfire data, it could help you pinpoint it.

Reactions: Redbeard

Blackstar

Aug 2, 2014
When I had the misfire in mine at first was just getting P0300. I unplugged each coil one at a time. If the misfire is present you will notice it worse when you remove the wire from a good coil. The misfiring one won't make a difference in the idle.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Had multiple misfires on cyl 1 and 6 in mine. Replaced both coil packs and tightened the bolts on the intake and that fixed my issue. Was able to use scanner to see misfire history and cyl 6 was up to 6000 and cyl 5 was 500 while other 4 had maybe 1 or 2 each.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
I don’t have money to invest in a scanner right now , that’s what sucks. I even called innova to see if there was a way to unlock the full GM reading and there isn’t , only the 5160 pro can do it.

Does the torque app give detailed info on a scan ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes. The app itself is $5 and the Bluetooth adapter can be found on Amazon for $20 at most. It can show live engine data including misfire, both current and historical.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
What about Fusion ? I have an iPhone , the torque app doesn’t have great reviews.

And I see some obd on amazon for $100 some for $10. All the same ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, I only have Androids so don't know much about anything Apple. However, found this:

Maybe post a new thread in the scanner section asking about Fusion. Can't seem to find anything about it. One thing's for sure, you would need a wifi OBD adapter to work with an iPhone.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
sorry I haven't updated , I didn't have time to work in the car until the weekend. I got the fusion app , waste IMO. does nothing special , no enhanced GM codes at all. no phone support , only emails back and forth telling me try this , try that when and if they are answered. one definatily was , the one saying no enhanced :Banghead:

I swapped all 6 coils with a set from amazon $70 so far so good , 3 of the ones I pulled were already aftermarket anyway

mightymx69

May 12, 2018
NC
sorry I haven't updated , I didn't have time to work in the car until the weekend. I got the fusion app , waste IMO. does nothing special , no enhanced GM codes at all. no phone support , only emails back and forth telling me try this , try that when and if they are answered. one definatily was , the one saying no enhanced :Banghead:

I swapped all 6 coils with a set from amazon $70 so far so good , 3 of the ones I pulled were already aftermarket anyway

KEEBZ489, looks like its been about 4 months since you replaced all 6 of your coils, is everything still working? Do you have an exact link to the coils? I'm dealing with the same P0300 code; thanks.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
ill reply to both your posts here @mightymx69 , the p0300 was gone and came back twice , most recently last week. its a pain that it doesnt throw a specific cylinder code when its only 1 missing. so out of the 6 new aftermarket coils, 1 failed in a week ( #5 ) , tested it and the coil was bad, swapped it with an original i kept , and just last week had p0300 again , this time i used the dash command app and seen it was #4 right away , i didnt swap anything right away and then the p0304 came up and this time i didnt bother testing , i swapped in another old coil i kept and a new plug , it was shot from the missing. so llike the saying goes you get what you pay for. any more issues i will be spending the extra $$ for delco coils.

these are the amazon coils i got

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online