NEED HELP P0016 Crankshaft position Correlation - Bank 1 Sensor A

04 TB 310,000 KMs Is she on her last legs?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask ROADIE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dieselscrub

Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Hello guys long time no see i pray Roadie is still out there lol,

My 04 trailblazer is Idleing rough at redlights, dash lights flickering like crazy and the gauge for the batery keeps going up and down and feels like a mussle car when it idles... i plugged in the ODB reader and the code came up P0016 Crankshaft position Correlation - Bank 1 Sensor A. I tried to youtube it and got a few differnt awnsers but none of them worked, can someone please tell me if i can fix this myself or do i try and take it in and pay out the @$$? it has 310,000 KMS and ive had it since 150,000 I love her to death is she on her last legs?

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Could you be more specific about *what* Youtube solutions you tried? The camshaft and crank position sensors are fairly easy to replace (camshaft at least...crank is a little more annoying to get out). Have you done that already? If so, did you use AC Delco parts?

Check for oil in the CPAS connector. That would indicate that the seals have failed, which could affect performance. Check wiring for both, in case something has gotten chafed.

Start there, and let's see what we can figure out.

Good Luck!

Chris

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Definitely check or replace the CPAS. I'd also replace the cam sensor just for good measure. If you do replace the crank sensor, you will need a CASE relearn. I would have recommended it regardless.

It is possible that the timing chain either skipped a tooth or has stretched beyond spec.

Have you tried cleaning the throttle body? Be sure to disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online